How do I delete a food from the "my foods" section?

Options
This is about the "my foods" section of MFP. I only have 2 foods listed, but I can't delete the only one that I will never buy again. I want to add more, but I want to delete that one and there is no "delete" button. I try to "edit" (which is my only option), and it won't allow me to put 0's everywhere. It wants a quantity.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    The My Foods table contains three types of entries, 1) the personal food items you have created and not shared with the public Food Database, 2) food items you created and shared with the public Food Database, or 3) food items already in the public Food Database that you have edited.

The items that are shared with the public Food Database can not be deleted from your My Foods list. However, if another user makes additional edits to that item, the other user will become the temporary owner of that food item and it will disappear from your My Foods table.

Maybe you could ask a friend to edit those unwanted items to take ownership of them?
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The only way I have figured out a way to delete a food item from my list is going to the day where I had that food item and deleting it and replacing it with a quick add instead.