Meal ideas that are low in sodium & sugar?

Options
Hey everyone,

I have been trying to get more into keeping track of my nutrient values each day alongside my calorie intake & there are two areas I can't manage to keep down... sodium and sugar. Luckily I am good at keeping my calories within check. I just don't want to keep maintaining water weight or have too much sugar each day.

So my question is... What are good meals with low sodium & low sugar? Anything with chicken would be great or even salmon/tilapia.

Thank you ahead of time for any & all responses they're great appreciated :-)

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon with sautéed or roasted veggies. Use a no salt seasoning like Mrs. Dash!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The more you make from scratch, the more control you have over sodium content. Use frozen or fresh veggies instead of canned. When you buy meats, make sure they haven't been pre-seasoned or injected with saline solutions. Sadly, the least expensive, large bags of frozen chicken parts are often injected with water and salt. Check the labels or ask the butcher.

When you cook, use something other than salt to add flavor. Mrs. Dash, which comes in a variety of versions, is a good salt-free spice mix but you can use many other individual spices and mixes to get good flavor.