Worst fitness-related injury you've had?

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    I herniated 3 discs in my lower spine last year walking 3 miles a day 7 days a week for months on end (no rest) along with weight training/etc (I was being careful as I knew it was risky but not giving myself rest was likely the cause). In fairness they were already damaged from years ago, one had been fixed with surgery, the others likely were already in not so great of shape and my core had no muscle to speak of to support my spine. Too much too fast, and definitely needed to take rest days.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    edited October 2016
    Just a bunch of road rash.

*knock on wood
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Just a bunch of road rash.

*knock on wood

that hurts.

cleaning road rash can really sting
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Broke my foot by tripping over a dumbbell in my room. Clearly, I'm graceful.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    I twisted my ankle hiking then 2 months later twisted the ither one hiking.
  • daedae171
    daedae171 Posts: 247 Member
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Broke my foot by tripping over a dumbbell in my room. Clearly, I'm graceful.

I tripped over a dumbbell once too, but it was in the gym. No injury, but was instantly embarrassed. Hahaha
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,976 Member
    Sports or finess injury?

Fitness injuries (lifting)
    1) torn left subscapilaris tendon (curls)
    2) right SI joint sprain (squats)

Sports injuries:
    1) 3 way ligament tear (ACL, PCL, MCL) in left knee (skiing)
    2) torn right rotator cuff (skiing)
    3) broken right ankle (motorcycling)
    4) broken right clavicle (motorcycling)

That's it. . . So far. LOL! ;)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    edited October 2016
    All of these happened while figure skating...

Fractured my arm falling
    Was "wishbone" and pulled some nerve the runs from my shoulder to my finger tips. Couldn't move my arm the next morning
    Concussion when my brother fell on my head
    Concussion when I tripped over someone and landed on my chin...lost my peripheral vision for a few minutes
    My ankle was sliced once...still have a scar...should have gotten stitches
    Developed a chronic back issue from hyperextending my back too much.
  • daedae171
    synchkat wrote: »
    All of these happened while figure skating...

Fractured my arm falling
    Was "wishbone" and pulled some nerve the runs from my shoulder to my finger tips. Couldn't move my arm the next morning
    Concussion when my brother fell on my head
    Concussion when I tripped over someone and landed on my chin...lost my peripheral vision for a few minutes
    My ankle was sliced once...still have a scar...should have gotten stitches
    Developed a chronic back issue from hyperextending my back too much.

Dang, my brother got me hurt once too. We were wrestling on the bed when we were little and I threw my leg over his shoulder from behind and he slung me forward and off the bed, causing me to smack the back of my head on the corner of the dresser and then the floor. It was baaaad.
  • beccapineapple8756
    beccapineapple8756 Posts: 56 Member
    Broken foot from playing duck duck goose when I was 18 :)
  • Liftheavylovehard
    Liftheavylovehard Posts: 5,393 Member
    Torn acl from playing soccer
  • daedae171
    Torn acl from playing soccer

ACL injuries are the absolute worst. I'm just thankful I don't have horrible knee problems like before.
  • Nystao
    Nystao Posts: 10 Member
    Many broken fingers with football and rugby, but torn hamstring was the worst.
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited October 2016
    Blow out fracture to my eye orbit from a horse related injury (if you count that as sport)
    Couple of screws, a titanium plate and plastic surgeon fixed me up.

Also torn my meniscus from basketball in high school.

Surprising, years of rugby and a decade in the military was kind to me..

I bought life insurance when I was 25... Le sigh..
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Not all of these are exercise-related, but dislocated my left shoulder 12 times. I can't remember how many times I've dislocated or separated my right shoulder. Otherwise, sprained ankles (some really bad), scrapes, cuts, runners toe, poison ivy, and sunburns are the worst I've had. I've done well with injury prevention.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Detached my right bicep, complete tears in right shoulder rotator cuffs 2 of the 4 that hold your shoulder together, partial tears in the other 2, same shoulder. JuJitsu class.
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Knees left and right
    Takes at least 6 weeks to heal
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    my only e.r. injury was when i was around 13. i felt a little something let go in one armpit when i was trying to be nadia comaneci and do a walkover [never could, never can]. ended up discovering i had a softball-sized abscess at the site a few weeks later.

it was like a crimean field hospital around our house till it healed completely. a stoic i'm not, or not when i was 13. one parent holding me down and the other re-stuffing the hole with eight feet of iodined gauze two or three times a day. it took quite a long time to heal, but that's as close to drama as i've ever been.
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Broken ankle from gymnastics and torn ligaments from distance running
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Kittened up my left bicep recently in physical therapy. It happened last week, and it's still kinda sore and swollen today. Smh