Friends? I think I'd like some this time.

Options
I've been trying to manage my weight alone for too long. Would love to develop a weight loss/healthy living support network.

I'm 35. Working mother of two.
I'm short (5'4'') and currently 63kg. I'm aiming for 56kg which was the upper limit of my pre medication weight (I take lithium for bipolar disorder which contributes to weight gain and makes loss quite a bit harder). I also have subclinical hypothyroidism as a direct result of lithium therapy (treated with low dose thyroxine).

If anyone else is looking for support and encouragement please add me! Whether you are in similar circumstances or totally different I would love to offer support and be supported on our journeys.

Replies

• FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you. I'm 31, a working, single mother of one and have considerably more weight to lose than you but I'm feeling hopeful/positive!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I'm adding some nutritious green smoothie recipes and the like to my newsfeed as well as some more personal (self?)motivational posts, reflections ... whatever. Also have switched my diary to open.

Theory is the more I engage with this the more I can maintain momentum.

Anyhow, feel free to add and have a look. I'm just getting back to this but I'm giving it a red hot crack.
  • Shaveraj81
    Shaveraj81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also am a working mom with 3 kids. I am also 5'3. So im in a similar situation
  • scarlettsky7
    scarlettsky7 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am almost 30 and would love to be friends with anyone here! Feel free to add me :-)