Multivitamins, soy & biotin

Options
Hello everyone,
After a long time of googling and finding nothing to help me, thought I'd ask on here as generally people here have already come across pretty much everything.
Basically I've been taking a womens multivitamin for years, and the brand I used recently "updated" their recipie and it now includes both soy & biotin, two things I'm trying to not include excessively in my diet. Biotin causes massive issue with my skin, I think because I get enough of our anyway from eggs etc, so having it in my multivitamin is causing me to break out. Ive also cut soy in my diet due to hormonal reasons. But just discovered not only does my usual multivitamin contain both of these, but that I can't find ANY multivitamin that doesn't contain biotin, let alone one that's also soy free.
Had anyone come across any biotin free multivitamins? Preferably without soy, but if I have to have soy is not the end of the world.

Replies

• littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Soy is good
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I checked out my favourite multivitamin and it has biotin too.

https://barimart.com/patchmd-multi-vitamin-patch

I think what you are running to is a standard formulation that is following FDA recommendations. I think the only way around it is to purchase the vitamins you want to incorporate, individually, to create your own "multi".
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even worry about the soy. There's such a miniscule amount in a multivitamin tablet or capsule. Hormonal changes from soy are mainly due to large amounts of soy milk, soybeans, tofu, soy oil, etc.

For biotin, since it is difficult to find a multi without it, I would try to find one that has 10-50mcg. That's a pretty low amount.