Scale is Up 9 lbs - Measurements The Same?

Options
So, some things came up and I haven't been weighing in for the past month, but still been eating healthy. My last tracked weight was 131 (had been steady between 130 and 132 for a while). Last few days I started weighing in every morning and I've been between 138 and 139.

I just re-measued myself though, and my hips, thighs, upper arms, waist, calf, etc. are all the exact same as they were when I weighed 131 a month ago. I use sewing tape and always measure in the exact same spots under clothes.

Could it be water weight or...? I've still been watching what I eat and counting calories, so I was really unfortunately surprised when the scale said I gained 7/8 lbs.

Thanks ahead for any info :)
Sydney

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    yeah could be water weight, could be any number of things. Hard to say really. One thing that is very unlikely however is that you put on 8 pounds of fat in 1 month. Unfortunately if you don't weigh yourself regularly you can't really know if this is within the range of your normal weight fluctuations due to things like water retention and TOM or not.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Are you hitting your calorie goals? Going over/under a lot?

Are you exercising the same amount or more or less?

Have you had salty food lately like deli meat, soy sauce, soup...?

Did you change scales? Or what time of day you weighed yourself?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Since you started weighing everyday, you could have been fluctuating like this all a long.. To know true fat gain, you would need consistent weight data to trend from.

And "watching what I eat" means?

Are you possibly ovulating or within the week of your TOM? and accompany that with normal day to day fluctuations could all this add up to 7/8 pounds?
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    You are pregnant.
  • Sydneymchamberlain
    Sydneymchamberlain Posts: 19 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    You are pregnant.

LOL no

I was weighing everyday for two months and maintaining 130-132 or so, I guess I'll get strictly back on track and see what happens.

Thanks everyone for replying :)