Sleep Apnea

4myheartnsoul
4myheartnsoul Posts: 97
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Anyone have sleep apnea and use the mask? Does it make weight loss easier? I have been diagnosed and have to wear one. I was told it would be near impossible to lose weight without fixing the apnea

Replies

• MikeRay
    MikeRay Posts: 47
    I have it. I can't tell a differance with the weight, but there again I can't keep my mask on through the night. I do however have more energy when I wear it.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    My friend has sleep apnea and uses the mask. She said her life is completely changes since using the mask and seeing a sleep psychologist. It did make some of her weight loss easier and in general she felt so much better. I have heard it is near impossible. Losing weight can (from what I've heard), also get the apnea to the point where the mask isn't necessary anymore. Not every person who has it is overweight though. Tom Brady, NE Patriots, has sleep apnea and wears the CPAP machine every night, yes, sleeping with Giselle. LOL.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    I have/had sleep apnea. did the sleep study and the doctor told me if I lost 15lbs, it will probably make me better. I lost the weight but i haven't done another sleep study so I need to check that out again soon. However, I haven't felt as tired as I've felt before being diagnosed. I remember being very tired while at work. I wanted to nap a lot while at work so thats why I got tested.
This discussion has been closed.