Skipping the ice cream

Options
2»

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    oj and either plain yogurt or buttermilk makes a slightly tangier creamsicle.
  • RredSonja
    RredSonja Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I agree with mafhoney - Halo Top is the bomb. Expensive, but sooooooo delicious, and high protein low sugar. At 250 calories in a pint, I feel no guilt about eating the whole thing! I make myself earn it with calories burned during workouts.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Would it be possible to squeeze in a short HIIT workout to compensate? Personally I love ice cream so I know I would have a hard time if everyone else was enjoying it.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Had a choc mint chip on a sugar cone a few weeks ago. Yum! I logged it.

Haven't pigged out by eating a whole carton of ice cream in 1 sitting for a long, long time but did indulge in a couple boxes of Trader Joe's mochi ice cream bites (100 cals/serving) a couple of months ago, which eased the pain. Just ate 1 serving w/dinner. Too expensive to make a habit but excellent product in terms of portion control.
  • haskett61
    haskett61 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try Frozen sugar free pudding cups (60 cal)

Or frozen yogurt
  • EmilyElizabeth3
    EmilyElizabeth3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Being able to resist when everyone else is eating ice cream is really difficult.

If you're interested in some guilt-free ice cream, Halo Top only has about 60 calories per serving and has plenty of protein and little sugar.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i uad some cheesecake today. it fit into my goals. much excite.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

It's very hard for me to do unfortunately unless it's really a SMALL piece of cheesecake. I typically end up at maintenance when I have cheesecake and possibly hungry.
  • Trendline15
    Trendline15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Any type of berry is pretty safe, if you are craving something sweet.
    Klondike bars are only 300 calories. I succumb to the urge, sometimes. But, 300 c. could fit into a day's food budget.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    fishshark wrote: »

It's very hard for me to do unfortunately unless it's really a SMALL piece of cheesecake. I typically end up at maintenance when I have cheesecake and possibly hungry.

Ugh, I wanted to try this delicious looking oreo cheesecake they make in a restaurant in our office complex and was forced to share because of the calories. Even 100 grams ended up being about 400 calories (I used the Cheesecake Factory version to log it).