41,000 steps and 1,300 calories awarded

ummijaaz560
ummijaaz560 Posts: 228 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Its nearly midnight and I managed to eat half of my 1,300 calories given for 41,000 steps today. I still only netted 750 calories

Dont know what happened to the rest of my post (mfp) anyway should I eat back anymore or is half good enough.

Replies

• SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited October 2016
    Do you always walk that much? If so, you'll want to increase your usual intake - likely with some calorie-dense foods.

If it was a one-shot deal, just enjoy the extra-large deficit for the day and remember that you have some extra calories you can play with tomorrow if you're hungrier than normal.
  • ummijaaz560
    ummijaaz560 Posts: 228 Member
    Do you always walk that much? If so, you'll want to increase your usual intake - likely with some calorie-dense foods.

If it was a one-shot deal, just enjoy the extra-large deficit for the day and remember that you have some extra calories you can play with tomorrow if you're hungrier than normal.

Not this much, I was doing community work and walked all day. My feet hurt lol!
  • BiggeA
    BiggeA Posts: 11 Member
    41k steps is roughly 20.5 miles. Think the average of calories burned per mile is 100? It depends on your height/weight but is 1300 enough to cover 20 miles?

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member

How did you come to that calculation? It all sounds overestimated to me.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2016
    Sounds fair enough to me even at lightly active setting I got 800 calories for 8 miles (I walk at a decent speed generally and do two 2.5 mile stretches) and you more than doubled that distance

No don't panic about eating more it's not a regular thing
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    SLLRunner wrote: »

41K steps for walking all day isn't at all unreasonable. I regularly hit 20K and have not been below 10K since I started wearing a FitBit. I'm on my feet quite a bit, but still sitting at my desk for several hours every day. If I was walking the whole day, I'd hit 40K+.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,997 Member
    edited October 2016
    I walked 20.75 miles based on 42,861 steps burning 1802 cals over 3 days as a volunteer at a pro golf tournament this past week and my feet/legs were really beat up and tired.

I ate back about 50% of the cals burned; about 300/day.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Sounds fair enough to me even at lightly active setting I got 800 calories for 8 miles (I walk at a decent speed generally and do two 2.5 mile stretches) and you more than doubled that distance

No don't panic about eating more it's not a regular thing
    SLLRunner wrote: »

41K steps for walking all day isn't at all unreasonable. I regularly hit 20K and have not been below 10K since I started wearing a FitBit. I'm on my feet quite a bit, but still sitting at my desk for several hours every day. If I was walking the whole day, I'd hit 40K+.
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I walked 20.75 miles based on 42,861 steps burning 1802 cals over 3 days as a volunteer at a pro golf tournament this past week and my feet/legs were really beat up and tired.

I ate back about 50% of the cals burned; about 300/day.

Whoa. That is incredible then.
  • sweetpea813
    sweetpea813 Posts: 112 Member
    I had about 37K at Disney World for one day. I managed to eat back those calories and more with a few Dole Whips
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You can always eat more tomorrow if you're hungry.