Working out during lunch break?

Options
13»

Replies

• EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have done this for over a year now! I love it and find that I have more energy and focus better coming back from lunch, which makes me much more productive!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I do virtually every day. I have a flexible work schedule so I'm usually gone 75-90 minutes. It's about a 10 minute walk to the gym, I get in a class or lift, take a quick shower (no time to wash my hair, though) and eat my lunch at my desk. When I have a client lunch or other conflict, I go before or after work, or make up the session on the weekends. This works perfectly and a special bonus is that I hardly ever eat out.
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    YES. This has been the best thing for me.
    There is a gym 2 blocks from my office and I take an hour/ hour & 15 min break.
    I alternate between "cardio days" (30 min cardio, plus jumping jacks, lunges, jump rope) and strength days (20 min elliptical, alternating leg days/ arms & core days).
    I take a quick shower and am back in the office before anyone notices.
  • naijabella_edu
    Options
    In.1St I'm Glad I'm Not Alone. I Have A Treadmill In My Basement But My Lunch Break Seems To Be The Only Time I Can Fit It in. I Get 30Min Mon-Thur And 60Min On Fri. Because My Boss Is A Time Freak I Have To Plan It Precisely. Therefore, I Plan To Eat LunchaAt My Desk Which Requires Forethought. Second I Pack full Workout Gear, A Change Of Underwear, 2 Hand Towels (One To Wet And One To Keep Dry), Etc. Then 15Min Before My Lunch Break I Take A Bathroom Break To Change Up. My Route Is Planned And Is A Literal 30Min Jog From Start To Finish. When I Get Back I Sign In From Lunch (Cause She Checks) The I Go Stretch, Do My Squats, Jumping Jacks, Etc. As Long As It Doesn't Take Longer Than An Extra 15 (Or My Boss Will Come Looking For Me). AfterWards I Go Change (Which Is An Art Form Since We Do Not Have Showers). I Wet The First Hand Towel And Go Into The Bathroom Sthal For Privacy. Wipe Down, Dry Off, Change Back Into Office Clothes, Deodorize, Etc. And IM Good. By This Time I Only Have 2-3 Hours Left So No Harm No Fowl. I Take A Full Shower As Soon As I Get Home And pack my Bag Again With Fresh SuppliesfFor The Next Day. Not Easy By Far But With Planning And Organization It Is Manageable.