Help please. Weightloss/traning

Options
This time last year i was at my heaviest at 125kg im only 5"3. Since i have managed to get rid of just over 30kg. Through diet (1300cal day) and mostly walking with a few other cardio exercises.
Im wondering if it would be a good idea to add more calories and start strenght and weight training? Ideally I'd like to tone up.
Or should i just keep loosing the weight first and when im closer to my goal weight start training than?
Sorry for the long read and im greatful for any help and information i can get.

Thanks

Bec

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You should start strength training/weight lifting now. Tone comes from having lower body fat and adequate lean mass, you lose some lean mass through dieting. If you start lifting now you can save yourself from losing more and you may gain a little since you are a beginner. If you can increase your calories and still lose, even if it is slower, then I would do it. It can be great for motivation and mental health to get more food.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    It's easier to preserve existing muscle than it is to get it back after you've lost it so you should indeed start weight training now.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Start weight lifting now!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You should start strength training/weight lifting now. Tone comes from having lower body fat and adequate lean mass, you lose some lean mass through dieting. If you start lifting now you can save yourself from losing more and you may gain a little since you are a beginner. If you can increase your calories and still lose, even if it is slower, then I would do it. It can be great for motivation and mental health to get more food.

This.