Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight training

Hey everyone! I'm looking for a good weight training program to start this week. Does anyone have any suggestions that won't kill my bank account?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I do stronglifts 5x5. There is a website and an app. I just looked at the program online, didn't pay anything. I have free use of weights at work.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    I do stronglifts 5x5. There is a website and an app. I just looked at the program online, didn't pay anything. I have free use of weights at work.

This is a good one to start with. One of the downsides is that your local gyms may not have the right equipment to do it properly. You're going to need to make sure that the place actually has free weights, and a powercage/squat rack. Weirdly enough some of the places around me don't have any of that, and the ones that do maybe have 1.

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    medic2038 wrote: »

This is a good one to start with. One of the downsides is that your local gyms may not have the right equipment to do it properly. You're going to need to make sure that the place actually has free weights, and a powercage/squat rack. Weirdly enough some of the places around me don't have any of that, and the ones that do maybe have 1.

I'd like to suggest if the gym you look at doesn't have the equipment for stronglifts find ANY other facility.

If you shop craigslist you can pick up what you would need for a very basic home gym for a couple hundred bucks or less if you don't mind some more abused equipment. my ow home gym is a mixed and matched new and used set of stuff.

There are also many bodyweight programs out there that can give you the same or close results as a weight lifting program for no initial investment.