Remaining balance

Options
So the goal should be to have a zero in your remaining calories at the end of the day? I'm confused with the calories in minus what you burn at the top of the screen. Or should it be a negative number to lose weight?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You put all of that info into this calculator so that this calculator can calculate a GOAL for you based on those inputs...your GOAL is your deficit to lose weight...that's why you put all that info in. A goal is something to be achieved...
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    confused what you are asking. Are you asking about setting up your nutritional goals, macros, etc. or are you asking if the food calculator should be showing you still have calories left to eat at the end of the day?
  • aimeelee76
    aimeelee76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I guess my question is, if at the end of the day that balance is zero, I have met my goal and have that deficit
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Your deficit is not the calories you eat - it is the difference between what you burn and what you eat, if you are burning more than you eat. The number that shows up on your wall, or board or profile or whatever the heck it's called, is the number of calories you should be eating each day. So, yes, eat the the number of calories MFP says you should.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    aimeelee76 wrote: »
    I guess my question is, if at the end of the day that balance is zero, I have met my goal and have that deficit

yes, provided you have accurately logged and accurately estimated exercise calories...estimating exerrcise calories is difficult so most people choose to eat some portion of those to account for estimation errors in both CO and CI.
  • aimeelee76
    aimeelee76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ok thx!!! :)
  • BaDOLLAR73
    BaDOLLAR73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So is having more remaining calories supposed to be good if i am cutting weight? It doesnt quite make sense to me