Garmin VIVO fit watch

Options
Hey guys, so I just got this fit watch VIVO Garmin. So the Garmin app has the My fitness pal information, but the steps aren't showing up on My fitness pal diary and I was hoping that my steps and stuff would show up on my exercise diary. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Have you synced them?
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    yea well I think I did! haha. Like I said, when I use the Garmin VIVO app on my phone it has all of my my fitness pal calories in THAT APP, but My fitness pal for some reason doesn't have my steps in the diary. Maybe I have to just give it a couple of days, as I just got it yesterday afternoon?
  • Mumu190672
    Mumu190672 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had this problem with a steps app I have on my phone. It was sync with mfp.
    It was showing exercise but not the steps.
    I went in mfp menu. When you scroll down you can see "steps".
    In my case it was not activited. I turned it on and now it shows my steps.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have never figured out how to get MFP to read my steps from the garmin app. The garmin app reads from MFP just fine. If I put the vivo into exercise mode, THEN it shows that run in my MFP totals, but that screws everything up because I use mapmyrun to track exercise and I end up with doubles. So for now, I just use the garmin as a stand-alone thing.
  • se015
    Options
    How do I put the vivo into exercise mode?
  • se015
    Options
    Mumu190672 wrote: »
    I had this problem with a steps app I have on my phone. It was sync with mfp.
    It was showing exercise but not the steps.
    I went in mfp menu. When you scroll down you can see "steps".
    In my case it was not activited. I turned it on and now it shows my steps.

Can you tell me how to get to Steps in the menu?
  • silverfiend
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    How do I put the vivo into exercise mode?

I have the vivofit2, on mine there is a ridge on the right side of the display, this is a button. press and hold. the screen light will activate, then it will go to "start". let off the button and you are now in the exercise mode. quick-press the button to stop and start the timer and recording. press and hold to exit.
  • Mumu190672
    Mumu190672 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You get to steps in the menu of my fitness pal the same way you choose you go to Diary or community.
    On my phone, steps are between app&devices and Blog.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Go into the extra menu (three dots bottom right of the MFP app screen), then go to Steps in that menu. You should choose Garmin as the place where MFP gets its steps data from.

As for exercise, depends on the model. I have the Vivoactive and I go into a screen and choose an app. When I had the Vivofit I held a button on the side while it synced with my chest strap. Instructions people, sometimes they're actually useful to read!
  • se015
    Options
    Thanks! Idk I think I did all of that already though I'll have to try it again. I hold the button down to sync it, but I can't get it to go in MFP diary.
  • silverfiend
    Options
    Go into the extra menu (three dots bottom right of the MFP app screen), then go to Steps in that menu. You should choose Garmin as the place where MFP gets its steps data from.

As for exercise, depends on the model. I have the Vivoactive and I go into a screen and choose an app. When I had the Vivofit I held a button on the side while it synced with my chest strap. Instructions people, sometimes they're actually useful to read!

Thank you!!!!