My First *Real* Meal Out in 45 Days...

Options
...and it didn't go well.

Okay so I've been doing MFP for 40-ish days. For "going out" I've mainly been hitting Panera or Cava Mezze Grill, or Nando's. At all three places I can pretty much keep dinner at around 500 calories and feel very satisfied. Yes, it's a lot of salad eating!! But I enjoy it.

Well, my husband is sick of it and wanted to go to a real restaurant. So I went to our local steakhouse which makes a pretty good plain salmon meal. So I had wood-grilled salmon, steamed veggies, and the real treat: parmesan mashed potatoes. The meal tracked at 1100 calories, mainly due to the mashed potatoes. The meal had very little seasonings or oil on it, it was rather plain, and somewhat dry. I didn't overly enjoy it but it was the largest meal I've had in awhile. I am on a 1200-1500 calorie a day plan.

Well, contrary to what I thought would happen, I was VERY hungry within an hour of meal. So much so that I had to come home and have two snacks that I could not stop myself from having, I was THAT hungry.

I am very confused by this. I should have been stuffed or at least satisfied. Of course, I am up 2 lbs this morning but I'm not going to let myself get upset by this as I know it must be some sort of water retention from the food. I'm so bummed out that my meal out was a huge letdown and unsatisfying but I'm more curious as to why the hunger afterwards.

Anyone had this happen?

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Track it and move one. Sodium and fats cause water retention and scale weight increase. And yes once I go off my diet, it is hard to get back on track.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Sodium, more food, more carbs, etc etc etc..

Log it and move on as @trigden1991 says...hydrate well for the next two or three days get back on point with your normal diet, it will even back out..