Intestinal Bug Weight loss......

Options
Sundays are my usual weigh and log it day. However, from 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning until right now, early Sunday morning I had had nothing to eat, since everything and I mean everything came back up. Haven't had a bug in so many years, I cannot even remember. Feeling so much better today, did my normal routine and weighed. 5 lbs down. Yes, I realize that was dehydration talking - but, should I record perhaps half of that loss? Or none of it. No recording this week and see what happens next Sunday? As much as I enjoyed seeing 5 lbs down - was Not a fun experience of loss and I know most will come
back. What have others done after a bout of sick time?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Record it.. You weigh what what you weigh today regardless of circumstance. Use the overall trend in your weight loss over 4 - 6 weeks period.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh? If you only weigh once a week, i'd weigh again in a day or so. If you weigh daily or every other day, i'd log it.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I had norovirus earlier this year. Every liquid on my body came out in about 6 hours. I lost 5 lbs in that 6 hrs and couldn't eat more than 500 calories a day for a few days. At the same time I was incubating mono, unknown to me. Sleep was more important than eating, at that point.

It was miserable, but my doctor was pleased at the weight loss as I finally got below the oveweight line in BMI. Once I normalized after noro and mono, I started logging my weight again.