How long before you start to lose dress sizes?

Options
2»

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I started at 241 lbs, 5'6", roughly size 20.
    Took about 10 lbs to hit a size 18.
    Another 20 to hit size 16.
    Another 20 or so to fit into 14s.
    From there, it was about 10 lbs per size. I'm now 165lbs and a size 8/10 (more 8 than 10).
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am an apple shape and I have found I have 'threshold" weights. I lose weight from my butt and legs but my waist stays the same, then I drop below a certain weight and my waist suddenly shrinks. So I spend ages stuck in one size and then drop a size quickly. My top half is always at least one size bigger than my bottom half.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    They say about 10lbs is one size. But it also depends on where you loose
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    Here's how it broke down for me:

Sizes 16 to 14 & 14 to 12 US: 30 pounds each size
    Size 12 to 10: 20 pounds
    Size 10 to 8: 10 pounds
    Size 8 to 6: 5 pounds (with weight training)

Think of the weight like the layers of paper towel on the roll. When the roll is still large, it takes more sheets to go around the roll. As the roll gets smaller, it takes fewer sheets to go all the way around. When you are larger, it takes more pounds of fat to add that extra inch all the way around. But as you get smaller, the amount of fat it takes to add in inch is smaller.

My experience has been similar in the past
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I was 256 when I started and a comfortable (not tight fitting) 22w). I dropped down comfortably into a 20w fairly quickly after the first 2 weeks of the big weight losses (like 17lbs or so).

Then I stayed at 20w for another six weeks before sliding into 18w. I am still wearing most of my 18w pants another 2 months later, but could probably fit int a 16w (per the one pair of 16w pants I have that fit this past weekend). However, I'm trying to milk it until I can fit into 14w to save some $ on pants. Most of my tops I haven't replaced and they are 18-22w sizes and are really starting to look huge on me. I don't want to invest $$$ in tops that I will only wear for a very short amount of time, so waiting until spring/summer for a shopping trip.

All in all, there's a 50lb weight loss between when I started and now and almost 4 sizes in there.

I figure another 20lbs or so and I'll be out of the plus size section altogether and can start wearing the top end of the misses department (at least I hope so OMG that will be so exciting!!!).