One pot recipes?

Options
Does anyone know of any good one pot recipes that are lean and tasty? Can you share? I just tried the one pot bacon/shells pasta one that I saw in a MFP email and I loved it.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    here's two i like to make:

Vegetarian Beans and Rice

Vegetarian Lentil Stew

Both can be adapted to include meat and both have the nutritional information listed.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of soups and stews. Only needs one pot and maybe an immersion blender. You don't really eben need a recipe. Just start wit your base the broth you want and then add in whatever appeals to you.

For instance for me one day I did chicken broth, a bit of chicken breast, chopped up carrot, sweet potato, green cabbage, onion, celery garlic, marjoram and parsley. Simmer until everything is the way you like it. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy. You can use whatever veggies you have on hand and experiment with the herb/spice rack.

Toss some beans, celery, onion in a pot and stir fry until translucent, Add browned ground beef (or not) diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and as much cumin and chili powder as you like in a pot and simmer until done.

Take a whole chicken, rub all over inside and out with dried sage, salt and pepper. Put the bird in a large crock pot. Don't add any water. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat falls from the bone. Separate the meat and portion what you are not going to use immediately and freeze. Enjoy your portion with a salad, make chicken salad, have a sandwich.... etc.