What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Pancakes with agave sweetener and Smart Balance buttery spread. Three pancakes are only 200 calories and low in fat. Round that off with low sodium turkey bacon and unsweetened iced tea. It's a breakfast that's under 500 calories.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Coffee. If I eat breakfast I'm starving all day for whatever reason
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Last three days:
    Eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, mushrooms, tomato, black pudding, toast, tea.

Today:
    Nothing.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    It is strange but I love tuna for breakfast. 4oz canned tuna, 1 tablespoon mayo, and 10 wheat crackers. It keeps me full for 3 or 4 hours usually but that's just me.

I am another strange fish for breakfast person. On weight lifting days I mix 2 hard boiled eggs, a pouch of wild salmon, some minced garlic, and a tablespoon of chili garlic sauce. I admit it sounds strange, but lots of protein good fats and taste.

On cardio days I eat steel cut oats cooked with frozen mixed berries... sometimes mix in a scoop of whey protein powder.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Unsweetened oatmeal (instant or steel cut oats, my favorite) with a sliced apple.
    And black coffee.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Week Days:
    Black coffee
    Dry mini shredded wheat and banana when I get to work.

Weekends:
    Black Coffee
    Who knows.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, scrambled with a splash of skim milk and topped with Franks Red Hot sauce, a slice of good ol' fashioned Kraft American cheese, and a slice of lunchmeat ham. And about 24oz of coffee.
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    2 Van's gluten free organic waffles with 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter. 1 cup thawed frozen mixed fruit on the side. Or 2 hard boiled eggs on the side.
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    One of my "no cook" go-to weekday breakfasts is a half-cup of 2% cottage cheese plus a slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter.

The fat and protein keep me feeling full until lunch, and you can vary the amount of cottage cheese or nut butter to suit your tastes/calorie goals.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits my calories and macros for the day. This ranges from; 6 egg whites and turkey bacon through to a whole box of cereal and milk.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    3 Pete and Gerrys egg omelette with shredded cheese and chopped broccoli mixed in
    Add texas pete and pepper
  • SammyD242
    SammyD242 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Protein should be part of every meal if you're looking for weight loss, so I have a protein smoothie daily. 1/2 cup of unsweetened cashew or almond milk, 1/2 banana, I cup other fruit (I like frozen berries because it makes my smoothie cold and thick) 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup probiotic yogurt. Ta-Dah! Keeps me full, gives me tons of energy, and I can whip it up in about a minute.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same thing every morning.
    Two (sometimes three) slices of whole grain toast with peanut butter and jam with a coffee.
    It actually keeps me very full at least for a few hours.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    SammyD242 wrote: »
    Protein should be part of every meal if you're looking for weight loss

No it shouldn't. Macro/meal timing has no effect on weight loss.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

Me too - my weekday breakfasts are coffee, with sweetner and half and half. But my favourite meal to eat out is breakfast - at anytime of the day, and my "omg I cant think of anything for dinner" dinner, which is two eggs over medium, 3 slices of bacon, rye toast with peanut butter and of course - coffee. I like this meal because it is filling for me, a good protein hit, its usually available anywhere at anytime on the weekends, it doesnt create any weird comments or looks from my friends, or cause the server any headache trying to accommodate restrictive requests, and I can easily track the calories in it.
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I tend to get my bread fix in the mornings. I usually have a plain bagel but will occasionally splurge on a Quik Trip Glazed donut.

Sometimes if I've had a few bad days I'll have a protein bar for breakfast and then skip my usual mid morning snack.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I rotate between a few:

Oats with Greek yogurt + frozen blue berries + chia seeds
    Oats with Greek yogurt + half a serving of cranberry nut trail mix + chia seeds and pumpkin pie spice
    Banana whole wheat waffles with Greek yogurt and fruit
    Greek yogurt with kashi cereal and fruit
    protein powder, whole milk and coffee (sometimes) with a PB rice cake

I buy full fat everything, most of these keep me quiet full until my next meal.
  • Misschuchii
    Misschuchii Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and Jennie o turkey bacon, Thomas bagel thins, yoplait light yogurt, fruit. Those are my go to!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »

Me too - my weekday breakfasts are coffee, with sweetner and half and half. But my favourite meal to eat out is breakfast - at anytime of the day, and my "omg I cant think of anything for dinner" dinner, which is two eggs over medium, 3 slices of bacon, rye toast with peanut butter and of course - coffee. I like this meal because it is filling for me, a good protein hit, its usually available anywhere at anytime on the weekends, it doesnt create any weird comments or looks from my friends, or cause the server any headache trying to accommodate restrictive requests, and I can easily track the calories in it.

Morning food makes me hungry all day too...I just call my first food of the day breakfast to make myself feel better ;)