Befit?

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
Anyone done any of their programs? How do you feel about 3 different 10 min programs to get in your 30 min workout! Do U get results?

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer it's a good workout. You have to look at it this way, it's just another way to approach exercise and mix things up.

I've done 10 minute trainer original P90 P90x and the new version of P90. In the 10 minute trainer he's breaking it up for people who've never exercised it before or believe they don't have the time so you can do a quick 10-minute workout during different times in a day. But when you really look at it if you do all three in a row it's like doing a half-hour program and yes it does work
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if you mean the befit in 30 or 90 programs yeah,you can see results any program you put work into you will see results. what are you trying to accomplish though? are you trying to lose weight? lose fat? I have the befit in 90 workout dvds where you do 3 different 10 min exercises,which are different every day for 90 days and yeah it did help me get stronger and look a little better. but weight training is what made the most difference in how my body looks.
  • lin7604
    Options
    Thx. No not abeachbody workout but the befit in 90 as Charliebeamomtracey mentioned. I just didn't think there would be enough weight training in it to really make a difference! I dont have a to lose maybe 10 lbs but it's body fat that I want to lose.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    lin7604 wrote: »
    Thx. No not abeachbody workout but the befit in 90 as Charliebeamomtracey mentioned. I just didn't think there would be enough weight training in it to really make a difference! I dont have a to lose maybe 10 lbs but it's body fat that I want to lose.

well its not a lot of weight training. I lift weights alone without the videos for about an hr. but when I was doing the videos it did help how my body looked some. and since you only have 10lbs to lose it will take awhile as the weight loss will be slower no matter what you do.I just do those videos on days I dont want to weight lift for a long period of time. but I would say do the program for the 90 days and go from there. you may see good results and you may not. its a try and see kinda approach
  • lin7604
    Options

Thx I'll read it tonight when I have extra time,

• lin7604
    Options

well its not a lot of weight training. I lift weights alone without the videos for about an hr. but when I was doing the videos it did help how my body looked some. and since you only have 10lbs to lose it will take awhile as the weight loss will be slower no matter what you do.I just do those videos on days I dont want to weight lift for a long period of time. but I would say do the program for the 90 days and go from there. you may see good results and you may not. its a try and see kinda approach

My loss has always been super slow as I am hypo thyroid! I lacked motivation the last year and gained a bit back, I don't even care if I don't lose a lb but I want to lose some body fat. Last time I got to goal I wS obsessed with logging, weighting and exercising 7 days a week. I do not exercise more then 45 min ever, most days it's just 30 min! That's all I get time for. So last time I did Chaldean extreme 3 days and t25 or whatever 2-3 days. It worked well but I can't get motivated into either of those programs this time around. So thought I'd try something completely different. I refuse to get as obsessed as last time and won't log food etc. Just trying to make good choices and reduce portions. Do it on a way I can maintain the rest of my life! I just like lifting but didn't seem to do it on my own, I need that DVD to follow! These ones are good ( exercises chosen) but just don't think 10 min of lifting is enough out of 30 min,

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

My loss has always been super slow as I am hypo thyroid! I lacked motivation the last year and gained a bit back, I don't even care if I don't lose a lb but I want to lose some body fat. Last time I got to goal I wS obsessed with logging, weighting and exercising 7 days a week. I do not exercise more then 45 min ever, most days it's just 30 min! That's all I get time for. So last time I did Chaldean extreme 3 days and t25 or whatever 2-3 days. It worked well but I can't get motivated into either of those programs this time around. So thought I'd try something completely different. I refuse to get as obsessed as last time and won't log food etc. Just trying to make good choices and reduce portions. Do it on a way I can maintain the rest of my life! I just like lifting but didn't seem to do it on my own, I need that DVD to follow! These ones are good ( exercises chosen) but just don't think 10 min of lifting is enough out of 30 min,

well you could always do 3 of the lifting videos back to back.or do 2 and then yoga to stretch out afterwards. if you create a deficit you will lose fat(whethers its through eating less,exercise or both) it just will take time since you have little to lose. I have a metabolic disorder so I feel your pain. I havent lost anything in over 3 months yet,Im working harder than I was. but my body is changing and Im losing fat so I cant complain. just keep with it and eventually you will see results.
  • lin7604
    Options
    Thx. So you suggest not following the way they have it laid out? Just choose the video I want each day, do u suggest doing the same lifting video twice then a cardio, mma or stretching after for the 30 min? Or. Do 2 different lifting ?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Thx. So you suggest not following the way they have it laid out? Just choose the video I want each day, do u suggest doing the same lifting video twice then a cardio, mma or stretching after for the 30 min? Or. Do 2 different lifting ?

how you do it is up to you. if you want to follow it daily(especially if you are new to lifting or havent done it in awhile),then do that. you can always redo one of the weight lifting videos before you stretch/cool down at the end if you dont feel like its enough. but dont do the same lifting video every day(so if you do 2 different lifting ones,make sure the next day you dont repeat those 2) of course as your muscles need time to rest. but you definitely want to stretch/cool down afterwards.I followed it for the first month or so then I started adding extra videos and so on. but thats me and what I did. if you get bored you can always switch it up and do whatever videos you want when you want. thats what I do now from time to time. keeps me from getting too bored lol.
  • lin7604
    Options
    So far not bored. Just thought 10 min of lifting was not nearly enough. I did Chaldean extreme and got great results from that. I haven't really lifted In a year . A few weeks here or there but nothing consistently. Always light weight, lots of reps vs lifting heavy in Chalean extreme. I just find there isn't a lot of lifting videos on this one and they kinda target more then one area at a time so hard to not do it 2 days in a row if I replace one of the other videos to do another lifting.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    well if you are getting back to it then I would follow the videos like that state and then in a month assess where you are and see if you think 10 min is enough for you to lift. I lift heavy most days. some days I lift light only because those days I dont have the energy to lift heavy.and once you get going 10 min wont be enough but for now it can be especially if the other workouts are body weight(push ups,planks,mt climbers,etc).but you need to rest muscles,so say you do arms one day(you use weights), dont do arms the next day, you can do back or legs or whatever. overworking muscles is not a good thing. also to clear things up which program is it? befit in 90?(where you have 3 dvds and you do one dvd a month?) or another befit program? this is the one I have and do/did http://www.bubbletext.com/health-beauty-fashion.html
  • lin7604
    Options
    Yes befit in 90. So 3 DVDs. One for a month.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Yes befit in 90. So 3 DVDs. One for a month.

ok wanted to make sure we are talking about the same thing lol.
  • lin7604
    Options
    Ya I'm so not sure what to do. I know I want to shed some fat for my New Years beach holiday but I don't wNt to be super strict and miserable to get there but want to see some change by the time we go.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    if you stick with it everyday and take a rest day you should see some results by then. you can only lose so much fat at a time anyway. but think of it this way. at least you will in most cases look better body wise. its got to do something in a few months.and I wouldnt be super strict either to get there either. you have to eat enough to fuel your workouts or you will burn out and not have enough energy to do them.