Diet sodas and energy drinks?

Options
2»

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    deftodie wrote: »
    sodas are very acidic, so even if all the other crap is deemed ok (which its on the fence right now), acid is not good. Not good for your teeth to start, acidity causes your kidneys to work harder as they produce bicarbonate, but it generally makes ALL processes in your body to be harder to do in an acidic environment. So its not just the soda, its the rest of the thing that are also acidic-- most foods are acidic, some are neutral or basic. The bad thing about aspartame, or other sweeteners is that our body doesn't understand the synthetic nature and still thinks its hungry after it, and your body will be on a rebound and produce more insulin-- and producing insulin when there is no sugar to digest--- well that leads to type 2 diabetes, which is an epidemic in North America. I'm all good for moderation, but if you're crashing everyday, i'd look into your routine and the rest of what you're eating, and the type of exercise, and snacks pre/post exercise, etc. those are my pennies. food for fuel--pop/soda and energy drinks are not food therefore not good fuel. :) === ps i love a good fresca in the spring though.. its delicious! i wish it was not with aspartame....

Did you really just make all of this stuff up? How does an artificial sweetner that is aproved by the FDA, and the American Diabetes Association, that has a zero on the GI index cause type 2 diabetes?