No weight loss since July, but lost a size?

Options
I am frustrated that the scale won't move below 190. I can't say I've been a saint and met my caloric goal every day, but I'm eating WAY less than before the diet began. I've gained and lost the same five pounds since July, but in July I had to wear a 16W and now I can get into a 14 (no "W"), because I've been working out. While I like the inches lost, I'm wanting to know when can I expect the scales to begin going down again?!

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Amy,

Great news that you've lost a size! Since this happened without losing or gaining weight, you are eating at maintenance, but your work outs are paying off.

As for not losing weight: do you weigh all your solid food and measure your liquids and log every single thing you eat? Do you eat any of your exercise calories back? If so, where do you get your burns from?

Edited to add: I also see you've lost 59 pounds as well! Wonderful!

Have you recalculated your calorie goals since losing so much weight?
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Amy,

Great news that you've lost a size! Since this happened without losing or gaining weight, you are eating at maintenance, but your work outs are paying off.

As for not losing weight: do you weigh all your solid food and measure your liquids and log every single thing you eat? Do you eat any of your exercise calories back? If so, where do you get your burns from?

Edited to add: I also see you've lost 59 pounds as well! Wonderful!

Have you recalculated your calorie goals since losing so much weight?

Yeah, I did recalculate, but I think that perhaps I need to be more careful weighing my food. I've been at this since January, and I admit to being a little tired of constantly dieting. :-)
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    AmyWebb2 wrote: »
    I am frustrated that the scale won't move below 190. I can't say I've been a saint and met my caloric goal every day, but I'm eating WAY less than before the diet began. I've gained and lost the same five pounds since July, but in July I had to wear a 16W and now I can get into a 14 (no "W"), because I've been working out. While I like the inches lost, I'm wanting to know when can I expect the scales to begin going down again?!

Sadly just because you're eating less than what you used to before your diet, doesn't mean you will automatically lose weight. You need to be eating less than what your body burns. I know it can be hard but keep up with the logging and weighing of everything you eat and you will start to see results again if you stick to your calorie allowance.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    AmyWebb2 wrote: »
    I can't say I've been a saint and met my caloric goal every day

You have answered your own question. Weigh and log everything down to the last gram and stick to your calorie goal.