Calorie tracking

Options
I really need to start logging my meals so I can keep track of my calories. I'll never keep on track if I don't hold myself accountable for what I'm eating. Anyone got tips to keep motivated logging or at least keep track of what you're eating?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Log it before you eat it. If it's not in your diary, it's not in your mouth :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Food scales are really helpful!
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Food scales are really helpful!

Agreed!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,031 Member
    Options
    At lunch, I log whatever I've eaten up to that point, and most of the rest of my day.

I can, of course, go in and change or adjust things, but it gives me an idea of what I've got to work with.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I usually log my day after I make breakfast and just adjust amounts as needed. I eat a lot of the same foods so it makes it pretty quick. I'll usually lot dinner last whenever I decide what I'm cooking.
  • CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale for sure! I never realized how much I was over eating, even on healthier foods, until I started to weigh things out.

Also, I find pre-planning my day keeps me on point! I'm a Type-A pre planning planner type person, so I usually precook all my food the night before and log everything in then, that way, I'm mentally prepared for the next day.