Extreme food craving in winters. Help??

Options
Winters are here and so is my urge to keep munching on something 24/7. I've lost around 7 kg in the past 3 months and i felt so great. But now i'm seriously worried because i'm always hungry and i always want to eat something. And not fruit or veggies. I'm always looking for something salty or starchy. The scale is stuck for me now. I havent lost a pound in the last months but that was also because i was on vacation and didnt follow my diet and i can't exercise atm. The only thing i have to maintain my diet is taking less calories but my body just seems to always be hungry. It's stressing me out. Any advice??

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,182 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise?
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you can't exercise right now and you feel like you're always hungry, it might be best to go on maintenance calories for a while just so that you can feel satisfied for now while not gaining weight. Once you get access to exercise, you could go back to your "loss" calories and still feel satisfied.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Big hearty stews ..made with heaps of veg, some with proteins too
    E.g. Chicken cacciatore, lentil sambar, Mediterranean vegetables, pulled pork and chorizo with black beans

Eat some of them over starchy carbs, portioned to calories (I find 100g cooked basmati rice a good amount)

You can also tip them over a bar of mixed salad leaves for more volume

Also big chunky veg soups like minestrone, carrot and coriander, leek and potato

I find 350-500g stews, rice, leaves in various combinations satiating
  • trudiebamford
    trudiebamford Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm the same - I battle SAD every winter. Exercise is a huge help (for several reasons). But since in the past I had a pattern of losing weight in the summer, only to gain it all back in the winter, last winter my goal was just to maintain my current weight loss. It worked, in fact, i continued losing (thanks to exercise). It took the pressure off me, and helped me feel I could indulge a bit, without going completely off track. I plan to do the same this year, and I've been pushing hard to lose as much as possible before the winter starts, just in case I only maintain over the winter months.