The machine I am using is not in the database....

Options
G'mornin everyone!! I have a question. I bought a HealthRider total body aerobic fitness machine yesterday & I can't find it anywhere in the database, I've even tried wording it differently & leaving words out. What machine would be comparable to it? Here is a link that shows it & how it works. http://www.livestrong.com/article/374657-how-to-use-healthrider-total-body-aerobic-fitness/

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    There is no accurate way to track energy expenditure on any machine. I would input it as general aerobic exercise and use 50% of the value if you are eating calories back.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Search for only the first three or four letters of a key word to get a list of potential matches. If there are too many letters in your search, the search algorithm will not return any matches. I have found searching for exercises that I have not yet added to my list sometimes performs better on the web/desktop version than it does on the mobile apps. You can use the browser on your mobile device to open the web/desktop version.

For Cardiovascular activities, in general search for the action verbs, such as walk, run, climb, step, train, row, lift, mow, shovel, garden, clean. A few exceptions are the generic activity for body weight training, which is calisthenics, search for "cal", and the list of aerobic activities, search for "aerobic." The Cardiovascular activities will give you an estimate of Calories burned per minute of activity.

In your case, I would search for train or aerobic and use one of those from the list of potential matches.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Does the machine estimate calories burned? If so, I'd log it as aerobics or something similar and use the machine estimate of calories. If it doesn't, I'd go with Aerobics, (choose your effort level) and log that way.