Can someone explain to me how this happens?

Options
So about 2 weeks ago I had my lowest weight loss to date. Since then my weight has been kinda stuck around that number. Some days it would be anywhere from a half a pound to a pound higher, but mostly my weight is sticking around that same number. Since I hadn't lost in about two weeks I figured I hit a plateau. Well Saturday night I had a couple of huge slices of deep dish pizza, although by my numbers I still stayed within my calorie allowance for the day. The next morning I weighed myself and it said that I had gained over 2 pounds back. Then when I weighed myself this morning the scale said I was back down to my lowest weight number from two weeks before. So, poof, those extra 2 pounds just vanished over night? I normally don't weigh myself everyday, usually only once a week, but I've noticed this great influx in weight numbers before and I always wonder how it can be. Does anyone know why this might happen?

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Water weight :] No need to worry. Foods that are higher in sodium or not getting enough water or changing up your exercise routine or hormone fluctuations can cause it.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Water weight from sodium/fats/carbs or just food in the gut.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Water weight from sodium/fats/carbs or just food in the gut.

Bingo
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Salt causes you to retain water. Then you pee it out. Then you lose 2 pounds.