I need help

Options
How do I know I am actually eating healthy? If I am in the nutrition goal range every day, am I loosing weight?

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    First, you have to define what healthy means to you - a medically supervised or recommended diet? A high protein diet? A gluten free diet? Vegetarian? Maybe do some research into the kind of eating that you want to adhere to, and follow, for example, the food pyramid put out by your health department.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight...

Eating healthy? just know different foods have different macronutrients and micronutrients but at the end of the day its just food. Just know there is no need to label food as good, healthy, bad or indifferent...the types of foods are a personal choice in how you reach your deficit each day.
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Get in tune with how your body feels. If the food you are eating makes you physically feel good, then you are fine. Sticking with whole, real, unpackaged foods are always a safe bet.
  • sy_19440
    sy_19440 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll agree that you should be in a calorie deficit but for me personally I think in the long run there is a difference between 100 calories of Doritos and 100 calories of carrots. I don't eat organic but I also don't eat prepackaged (microwave meals) either.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about eating the appropriate amount of calories for your weight goals.