Hello working moms

Options
Im a working mom with 3 kids, 11yo boy, 8yo girl and 5yo boy. I used to be on the road all day in sales but have been able to find flexibility in working from home in the last couple of years. How old are your kids and what do you do for living?

Replies

• noluckducky15
    noluckducky15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a working mom, full time accountant for a large company. I have 2 kids, a 6 year old daughter and a 20 month old son. I've fallen off the bandwagon big time since coming to work full time (about a year and a half ago), and its been a huge struggle. I wish I could work from home! I was way more focused when I did.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am finally retired(from 20 years in Army) but I still run a farm, do some photography work from home and homeschool my 8th grade son. I WORKS!!!! My kids are 13 and 11, they don't need me so much anymore which is nice...but at times I miss them needing me as well.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom with a six month old daughter. I work in banking. Full time job plus family is not easy but I'm slowly figuring out how to get my exercise time in and enjoy all my special time with my little one.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a working mom, full time accountant for a large company. I have 2 kids, a 6 year old daughter and a 20 month old son. I've fallen off the bandwagon big time since coming to work full time (about a year and a half ago), and its been a huge struggle. I wish I could work from home! I was way more focused when I did.

I hear you, I am so much more prepared now that I am home too. When i was on the road it was fast food or no food, sometimes eating out of my lap while driving. Its hard to prep for the whole week when you are out of the house for so many hours.
  • megginanderson
    Options
    cosmonew wrote: »
    I am finally retired(from 20 years in Army) but I still run a farm, do some photography work from home and homeschool my 8th grade son. I WORKS!!!! My kids are 13 and 11, they don't need me so much anymore which is nice...but at times I miss them needing me as well.

aw, thats bittersweet, I am coming into that time myself. my oldest did say the other day he wished i would snuggle him like the 5yo, LOL I guess I just kinda figured he was too old for snuggles.
  • megginanderson
    Options
    I'm a working mom with a six month old daughter. I work in banking. Full time job plus family is not easy but I'm slowly figuring out how to get my exercise time in and enjoy all my special time with my little one.

its taken me a REALLY long time to find that balance too. Working from home I have to keep checking the clock because its my goal to be all done with what i need to get done when that bus pulls up. trying to be focused on them once they walk in the door. If i leave anything unfinished, my mind is wandering again all night until i can get back to finish if i need to after their bed time. Goals for this year to finish my work day when the bus comes so I can enjoy my family completely in the evening.
  • noluckducky15
    noluckducky15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I hear you, I am so much more prepared now that I am home too. When i was on the road it was fast food or no food, sometimes eating out of my lap while driving. Its hard to prep for the whole week when you are out of the house for so many hours.

I did this also for 4 years! And honestly, being stuck in the car was the best thing for me, I couldn't just pull over and eat whenever I wanted to. I lived on Subway for a very large portion of my years lol. But when I'm working at a desk now for 40-50 hours a week, its a lot easier to run and grab crap than it was before...My goals these days are to go HOME for lunch and eat last night's leftovers...that I actually prep and cook...as opposed to stopping at Quiznos and grabbing a huge sandwich, chips, and caving for the cookie I always end up leaving with.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    System's analyst. Hours 7 am to 4:30 pm.. 4 kids... 4 year old, 13 year old, 16 year old step son (he comes some weekends but doesn't live with us) and 18 year old. When I sent my baby to kindergarten, I sent my first born off to college.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I work as a healthcare assistant at a hospital in the UK and i have 3 kids (similar ages to urs) 12, 10(has autism) and 4yrs ,,
    My job is quite heavy as im always on my feet and when i come home im doing housework etc, try to fit in 30mins of cardio 4times a week but this varies due to my girl who is 4 and my 10yr old autistic soon whom needs alot of attention so sometimes i find it a struggle, i always seem to stay around the same weight no matter what i do
  • beccilou1991
    beccilou1991 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I work in a call centre but I'm currently on mat leave as had a baby 5wks ago. Always struggled with my weight at work due to not being very active and some things don't change when your off work with with little one. Luckily when she's asleep i make use of my weights and exercise bike at home ☺
  • megginanderson
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    System's analyst. Hours 7 am to 4:30 pm.. 4 kids... 4 year old, 13 year old, 16 year old step son (he comes some weekends but doesn't live with us) and 18 year old. When I sent my baby to kindergarten, I sent my first born off to college.

thats awesome! how bittersweet!
  • megginanderson
    Options
    I work as a healthcare assistant at a hospital in the UK and i have 3 kids (similar ages to urs) 12, 10(has autism) and 4yrs ,,
    My job is quite heavy as im always on my feet and when i come home im doing housework etc, try to fit in 30mins of cardio 4times a week but this varies due to my girl who is 4 and my 10yr old autistic soon whom needs alot of attention so sometimes i find it a struggle, i always seem to stay around the same weight no matter what i do

wow, you have a lot on your plate too. nutrition is 80% of the equation so if you can eat within your goals you will be golden, then exercise is just a bonus. plus will help you keep your energy up when its balanced.
  • megginanderson
    Options
    I work in a call centre but I'm currently on mat leave as had a baby 5wks ago. Always struggled with my weight at work due to not being very active and some things don't change when your off work with with little one. Luckily when she's asleep i make use of my weights and exercise bike at home ☺

Congratulations!! Still so brand new, are you getting any sleep?
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Two boys, 10 & 12. I'm a Registered Nurse.