Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OK?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale and accurately weigh and measure your food? "Eat more" is the solution only if you are completely sure you are logging your intake correctly.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    What time was it when you wrote the original post? It was 10:49AM my time (USA Central Time). Even adding 6 hours to England it would still be early in the day to be 'finished for today'. Do you work a strange schedule?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    It's coming up for 7pm now in the UK so they could be done. Or, like me, they could really fancy a bar of chocolate at 8pm.........
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    one super low day isn't going to hurt anything
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    How many calories are we talking? Is this because of a big exercise burn? What did you eat today? Is this a normal occurrence to have such a surplus of calories left in the day?

May I suggest:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I do not see a question. ;)
  • Philtex
    edited October 2016
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »

How are these two the only possible places in the world?

They are not - I was just trying to add some possible context to my question. Guess that didn't work. Since the OP did not pose an actual question, or provide much detail, I felt I could offer some insight if I better understood the situation. I'm really not geography-challenged. ;)
  • PhilHarrison1
    PhilHarrison1 Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You have a choice if your calories are too low. You can eat up to the calories you need OR you can save those calories for a "cheat day". For example when I eat under, I usually save them for a day when I want something I normally won't have. Like a nice rich 4 cheese pizza [more than one slice] with everything on top and a large coke. Or a rich meal with a nice dessert that would normally eat up all my calories for that meal. Ballparking weekly calories makes it easy and stops cravings for me. 3,500 calories a week equals a pound. Note that, not daily but for a week. The daily deficit is up to you. Just remember to eat what your body needs to survive for the day. For example, don't go below 1200 if you are a woman or 1500 if you are a man [check with your doctor for what you need if you want to go below that.] And don't horde the calories if you are hungry. If you eat and are full and don't feel like the rest, save em.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. 100 calories per tablespoon, or, more precisely, 16 grams.

Sometimes when I've been really active I have a lot of calories left over but am not hungry for them. Often my appetite is higher the next day, and I'll eat them then.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Philtex wrote: »
    gebeziseva wrote: »

How are these two the only possible places in the world?

They are not - I was just trying to add some possible context to my question. Guess that didn't work. Since the OP did not pose an actual question, or provide much detail, I felt I could offer some insight if I better understood the situation. I'm really not geography-challenged. ;)

It was 2:49am my time when the OP was posted, if that provides further context.
  • Philtex
    Options
    It was 2:49am my time when the OP was posted.

Thanks. Was leaving calories 'on the table', so to speak, a good thing for you or a problem? If you ate all you wanted for the day it was probably a good thing.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    So tomorrow is steak or pasta day?