What to do in Denver?

Options
ghouli
ghouli Posts: 207 Member
Hi friends! I'm going to be in Denver soon visiting a friend. Unfortunately, that friend will have to work a lot of the time I'm there, so I'm looking for suggestions for (affordable) things to do around the area, that I can get to by public transport! I've never left my home state and I live in a smallish town, so everything is super new to me - the public transport, huge city, etc. I'm up for the adventure, but would love to hear from people who live there or have been there for recommendations :)

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Eat Denver Omeletes!!! mmmm I want one now
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    What part of Denver will you be staying in? That will help to determine things to do and access to transportation.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    It's 80 right now, and you can pretty much go anywhere on public transportation. Downtown is cool, but if you can get on the west side of town, there's a lot of parks and hiking. Denver is huge; what area will you be in?

And yes, there is a ton of weed.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    There's nothing to do there but get high. You probably shouldn't go as it's super crowded and cold.

You can go hiking, brewery tours, go shopping at the Orchards, see the republic of Boulder

It is super warm here still. Very crowded, true. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT MOVE HERE. thank you :smile:
  • MzCongeniality70
    Options
    There's nothing to do there but get high. You probably shouldn't go as it's super crowded and cold.

You can go hiking, brewery tours, go shopping at the Orchards, see the republic of Boulder

Shh don't give away the secret :)

Boulder will turn most people off. If you don't use trail etiquette, the locals will chew your *kitten*. The orchards is expensive. And there's pretty much a brewery on every corner. But really. DONT MOVE HERE! :wink:
  • MzCongeniality70
    Options
    Unless you like your "kitten" chewed. What the f**k with the censorship ?
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    The 16th street mall, tour the mint down town denver, tour Coors, Celestial Seasoning, The Hammond Candy factory. All these are free. Lots of parks, bike trails, fairly cheap recreation centers, You name it you can probably find it here in CO.
  • MzCongeniality70
    Options
    Unless you like your "kitten" chewed. What the f**k with the censorship ?

MFP knows Coloradans are the worst so you get censored

F**k, you're right!!!!!! We ARE ASSHOL3S

• ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    And yet another OP who posts and never comes back.

Out living life, man. I don't get on here as much as I used to.