How do i look right with my upper body with skinny calves

Options
Hello I have skinny calves about 14in. And they are high calves to. I'm trying to get bigger but im worried that my upper body won't look portionate to my legs. How do I get my calves at least a little bigger. By the way my arms are 13in and my chest is 38in.

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    This is usually said as a joke, but it's appropriate for your your question.

Don't skip leg day.

No, seriously. If you want to be proportioned properly, follow a tried and true strength program that incorporates your full body.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Don't skip leg day

Also no joke
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'd say his calves are in proportion
    With 13" arms and 38" chest
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    watts6151 wrote: »

True but his post says he's trying to bulk and is worried about disproportionate development and the answer to that is ...train properly
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    watts6151 wrote: »

True but his post says he's trying to bulk and is worried about disproportionate development and the answer to that is ...train properly

But he says he has skinny calves
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Calves are probably the biggest problem for most men who have issues with lagging body parts because it's pretty much all the genetic lottery. I have huge full calves and don't even have to work to get them but so many guys just have very high calves that will never really fill out. All you can do is work them hard and see what happens.

For training just remember that calves are probably the most exercise resistant muscles you have so do a lot of heavy sets and see how they respond.