Binging for 2 weeks because of loneliness

Options
13»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    shredcamps wrote: »
    lonelyness is not forcing you to eat more.
    lack of willpower is.

seperate the two

But The food keeps you company when you're having a *kitten* day :tongue:
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Love food as company :):) love it love it ;)

but seriously,, OP hopefully you are getting some help
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "and I know I should be happy alone, but is that really true? "

You can definitely feel lonely and sad, while striving to be at peace with yourself overall.

This song helped me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDPW_g2AhAU
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    lack of willpower is.

seperate the two

oh grow up. your not 3 yrs old. show some willpower
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    OP: I hope you use some of the great advice that's been offered here. I agree that you should flesh out your profile and post a photo and get more involved here. I started at 323 a while ago and I'm currently in the 260s, with another 75 to go. It took a long time to get this heavy, it ain't comin' off overnight. So jump in bro...!!

And get off the pity pot. Make some positive effort for your own good. You CAN do this...
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    totes agree with @vikinglander that you should post a pic and get involved, support others and recieve support. Have you joined any of those threads asking for friend adds for people who have to lose 100+?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    lack of willpower is.

seperate the two

oh grow up. your not 3 yrs old. show some willpower

Oh, grow a sense of humor! And what's with your spelling!
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    OP glad you are out there and will reach out for support. Please also get some therapy or appropriate professional help. You have to want it for yourself. I'm not a professional but know that I do care that you get the help you need. Also know that very many on mfp also care that you get better. You are not alone.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    ...Tabbycat00, since you brought it up, I'mma comment. I dislike when people try to push their religion onto others unprovoked. Especially vulnerable. If someone is to enter into something like such, it should be because they genuinely believe it, not because they feel it will get them in touch with more people. Maybe recommend things said religion would recommend him to do, instead, such as volunteer work, etc. Without pushing the religion itself.

She didn't push. She only suggested. Big difference.
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    ...Tabbycat00, since you brought it up, I'mma comment. I dislike when people try to push their religion onto others unprovoked. Especially vulnerable. If someone is to enter into something like such, it should be because they genuinely believe it, not because they feel it will get them in touch with more people. Maybe recommend things said religion would recommend him to do, instead, such as volunteer work, etc. Without pushing the religion itself.

She didn't push. She only suggested. Big difference.

So true!
  • Kmedeiros83
    Kmedeiros83 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses......sorry I don't have the energy to reply to each of you...I do volunteer....For awhile I was happy alone but one day it just started sinking in and I really wanted to experience romantic love...I feel miserable all the time because I just want a girlfriend....and I know I should be happy alone, but is that really true? I feel like most people get into relationships and wouldn't want to be single their whole lives like I am...

I think you need to learn to love yourself before you can love anyone else. My friend, you should look into therapy and maybe talk to your PCP about some anti-depressants.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've never had any kind of non platonic experience, haven't gone on a date or kissed much less had a girlfriend....I'm not shy but I guess females think I look creepy or something...The loneliness has been getting to me....I have worked, over the years at bettering myself, getting more marketable skills, being better at my job, working on my interests, hobbies, but I still feel like I'm missing an experience I'd like to have...And now it's sabotaging my effort to lose weight and get healthy because eating makes me feel good and I never feel good except when I'm asleep and that doesn't count since I'm not awake to feel it...my friends don't even mention girls to me any more, and my family keeps telling me it's OK if I'm gay (but I'm not), it's like my friends don't see me as capable of attracting a girl.

You need to get some game bro. Confidence is what attracts girls.

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    You are suffering from depression. It isn't you, how your look, or anything you've done .. it is a medical condition that can be treated. So, you need to go to a doctor and get help. Also.. eating healthy and exercising actually helps with depression. It doesn't happen overnight.. but after a few weeks it truly does help.

You need to realize it is not you..it is a false perception you are getting from a chemical imbalance going on in your brain. You can feel better.. and then the work you're doing on your interests and physical body will pay off and you'll meet the right girl. :)
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    wrote: »
    Curious post.

Did the OP leave mfp?

Nope, he just made a new thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10473407/i-hate-my-life/p1
This discussion has been closed.