stomach fat - how do I reduce it?

Options
13»

Replies

• Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    By the way Pixel amazing photos you definitely have a flat stomach and can advise us on this! Great job on your loss. Is it easy to maintain?
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    1chana23 wrote: »
    Hi Pixel, do you mean the article I shared? It's from Prevention magazine, if you want to Google it is foods that reduce stress
    I also loathe those ads that want you to click on them, very annoying, and Lord help me, I wouldn't send those to anyone, and definitely not to a wide community

"prevention" magazine is a rag that gets sold in the checkout lane at the supermarket.

They talk a lot about "belly fat" because they have written, and sell, a book called "Flat Belly Diet" which is designed precisely to be marketed to people who want to spot-reduce.

They do quote research and statistics, and it all sounds really great, but they selectively pick things that will help sell their diet book.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    There is no way to spot reduce. You'll have to lose weight in general [overall reduction], and wait for it all to go down. Stomach was the last for me, because I had SO MUCH at the stomach compared to everything else. [edit; also, no harm in taking it slow, I have a LOT of extra skin from losing it a bit too fast]

Picture proof;
    V9sYyn1.jpgbiq4ywq.jpg

I think this picture says it all .. you did good .. congrats.

• Cbestinme
    Options
    savithny wrote: »
    1chana23 wrote: »
    Hi Pixel, do you mean the article I shared? It's from Prevention magazine, if you want to Google it is foods that reduce stress
    I also loathe those ads that want you to click on them, very annoying, and Lord help me, I wouldn't send those to anyone, and definitely not to a wide community

"prevention" magazine is a rag that gets sold in the checkout lane at the supermarket.

They talk a lot about "belly fat" because they have written, and sell, a book called "Flat Belly Diet" which is designed precisely to be marketed to people who want to spot-reduce.

They do quote research and statistics, and it all sounds really great, but they selectively pick things that will help sell their diet book.

This is really helpful thanks, did not know about the prevention magazine rag and flat belly diet. Thankfully I found the info for free :)
  • Cbestinme
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    My big thing when people start talking about cortisol is why major in the minors

Lol, major in the minors!!
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Sorry for super late reply, I spent the night at bf's after work last night in an attempt to be cuddled to sleep [insomnia sucks]. It worked, I fell asleep mid-sentence.

Sued0nim pretty much hit the nail on the head. The effects it has are miniscule - I'm pretty sure we get more bloat just from our periods than the belly fat that may be added from the MAXIMUM amount of stress, if it does happen. Calories In, Calories Out is the basic equation, stick to it for weight loss. Try to keep high on the protein and exercise to help out on not losing as much muscle mass. 'Skinny fat' sucks, I can attest to that - but I love it much more than being obese. xD

As for you questions on maintenance... Hard to answer, everyone is different. I have some health issues going on, quite a few unrelated ones, that affect my appetite, weight, etc. xD; And I cannot go by visual, as I have so much extra skin. I literally more than halved my original weight. If I didn't have extra skin, I would literally be flat in the chest. It is all just empty skin.

So I pretty much have to continue calorie counting in an attempt to not go lower. Nice that you get to eat more for maintaining!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    I understand how frustrating it can be..waiting for the dreaded stomach to go down. But it will. Just keep exercising, eating at a deficit.. and you'll start seeing it get smaller. I'm 85 days in...and finally it is half the size it was. For a while there.. up to day 45.. i thought it would never reduce. My goal is to have it gone by day 125.