Help! Error message on my polar hrm!

Options
So I changed the battery on my polar as the wristset died, used the right battery, made sure everything was anti-static and grounded etc, then when I put in the new one, the unit worked briefly, initially came up with all cells filled then I held down one button which prceeded to tell me I had locked the unit, then this error 9999 message has come up. It won't let me do anything else now! If I hold down both buttons it appears to reset back to the part where all cells initilise, but upon pressing anything else at all, I just get error 9999.

If I alternate the two buttons rapidly, it seems to let me into a setup / info menu but I can't make any changes beyond that. Does anyone have any experience with fixing this? I'd rather not have to fork out for another hrm just because a battery died, it's not exactly very economical if that happens every time!

Replies

• BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Have you taken the battery back out, let it set, and then put it back in?
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    yup :(
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Pulled these from the online manual.

Switching Keylock
    On or Off
    Press and hold the Light button to lock and unlock all the buttons, except the Light button.
    BUTTONS LOCKED or BUTTONS UNLOCKED is displayed.

What if..the buttons do not react?
    Reset the wrist unit. Resetting clears the date and time settings.
    Press all buttons except the Light button at the same time until the display is filled with digits. Press OK.
    For further information, see the section Basic Settings on page 10. If you have already set the Basic Settings
    once, you can skip them after setting the date by pressing and holding the Back button. If you do not press
    any button after you reset the wrist unit, within one minute the wrist unit goes to the Time of Day display.
    If this does not work, have the batteries checked
  • kaned_ferret
    Options
    I think it hates me, it always wants to go back to the 9999 error. Looks like I'm going to have to trust mfps estimates on calorie expenditure! Certainly not got the readies to fork out for another one :(

I'm wound up by this, better go jump on the cross trainer to work it out. And give me some calories to have dinner with lol :P
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Have you emailed polar?

I had a really daft query the other month and they replied by the end of the working day. Might help, they didn't just reply with 'oh send it in and we'll look at it (and charge you!)'.
  • kaned_ferret
    Options
    I've sent an email but had seen mixed reviews on the quality of their replies - fingers crossed!