Maintaining weight

Options
How to maintain weightloss after crash diet?

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    It's going to be tough, you shouldn't crash diet in the first place. But it's all about CICO. Eat no more calories than your body burns in a day and you'll stay the same weight.
  • aimanbafakyh
    aimanbafakyh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    my BMR is 1295 while my daily intake is 750 cal right now. so can i slowly increase my calorie intake to 1295 without gaining any weight?
  • Spliner1969
    Options
    Use your TDEE not your BMR. Your BMR is the calories your body burns being alive. Nothing else. It doesn't account for getting up and walking to the bathroom, picking up the remote, fixing food, blowing your nose, etc. and soforth. Caclulate your TDEE and slowly increase to that. 750 is not healthy, I'd add 250 calories a week for the first couple of weeks and don't touch a scale for at least 3 weeks. Your body will gain a little weight just from eating more but it'll level out in a few weeks. For one thing, 750 is starvation levels.. your body will retain water just digesting more food than that at first. I don't know how long you've been at 750 but that's definitely not healthy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    my BMR is 1295 while my daily intake is 750 cal right now. so can i slowly increase my calorie intake to 1295 without gaining any weight?

Your BMR is the calories you burn merely existing...you'd burn them in a coma...I assume you aren't in a coma.
  • aimanbafakyh
    aimanbafakyh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    okay so my TDEE is 1397. Now I'm supposed to increase my calorie intake to that inorder to maintain my weight?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    okay so my TDEE is 1397. Now I'm supposed to increase my calorie intake to that inorder to maintain my weight?

I have an incredibly difficult time believing your TDEE is only 100 calories above your BMR....

My BMR is around 1800 calories...my TDEE is around 2800 - 3000...
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'd put in your current weight, tell MFP you want 0 change (maintenance) and log everything you eat. It isn't rocket science. It's just harder with a crash diet because you probably haven't changed your habits and your body wants to gain weight back.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yikes! 750 right now? I'm no professional, but I'd suggest gradually raising your calories, perhaps just adding 100 calories every week. A person who has crashed dieted may react negatively/harmfully in response to increase in weight after immediately going back to maintenance. Also, it might make the transition to eating at true maintenance easier. Whatever happens, just know OP, that that weight increase is normal and expected, and from what I understand, it's just weight from water, more food in the body, etc. and will level out after a couple weeks.
    OP, I'd visit a doctor if I were you. Depending on how long you've been surviving on 750 calories, you might be very malnourished. As a female, it is especially important to make sure that you're still getting periods. Just Google "bone health and menstruation" to learn why. Best wishes of health to you.~
  • Spliner1969
    Options
    OP, what is your height, weight, age, and what type of job do you have (IE: what is your daily activity level?).
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I would use MFP to calculate your maintenance and eat those calories asap. You are at serious risk of metabolic damage and hormonal issues.