A Nurse in Need of a Little Motivation!

Options
choltgrefe1981
choltgrefe1981 Posts: 7 Member
edited October 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all! My name is Chrissy and I'm from Apple Valley, CA. I've used MyFitnessPal in the past, but I have never participated in community discussions. I know that clean eating and exercise produce excellent weight loss results...I lost almost 25 pounds two years ago without ever being hungry! Unfortunately, I returned to my old eating habits and gained all of the weight back. I am a full-time RN, mommy, and wife...so finding the time to cook healthy meals and exercise has been a challenge! I'd love to encourage and be encouraged by other members that are striving for a healthy lifestyle!

Replies

• tiffanycones20
    tiffanycones20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse as well, and finding time to eat healthy or eat at all seems impossible. But sometimes you just gotta stop and eat what I learned. Good luck in your journey as well
  • ole496
    ole496 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the paper bag club! You can do it, I know you can! Pack some healthy treats to carry you thru your busy day. Use Protein shakes, fruit and some of your favorite veggies. Stick to healthy eating and go workout when you can find time. You can lose weight and/or control your weight with diet alone. You are lucky that you have a very active job that demands a lot out of you. Your healthy treats will help fill you with energy, prevent you from being hungry and help keep you on track when time at the gym is hard to come by.
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Healthy and clean eating is the way to go. As the above poster stated oVk your lunch for work . I pack a lunch every day so I can control what I am eating. A lil exercise will help as well. Add me if you like
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am trying to come back as well. Had to take a hiatus for a bit and gained some weight back so looking for buddies. You can add me if you like. :)