For the runners out there: what to eat on race day?

Options
2»

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    What race is this, and where can I sign up?!? And I'll have your teacake if you don't want it.

The races I've been doing have cake, water melon, flapjacks, beer, cider, vodka as well as jelly babies, jelly beans and gels.

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    What race is this, and where can I sign up?!? And I'll have your teacake if you don't want it.

The races I've been doing have cake, water melon, flapjacks, beer, cider, vodka as well as jelly babies, jelly beans and gels.

Hmmm, I'm obviously doing the wrong races. Having said that; the 5k I'm running this weekend has pizza.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    The same thing I do when I train.. Nothing new, nothing different, hydrate the same way too.

Race-day nutrition is highly individual, so this is about the only advice that is really applicable to you.

I will add that a 5k probably isn't long enough to put any real strain on your energy stores... so there probably isn't a physical need to eat... it's more personal preference and doing what makes you feel best.

;)

The question was what do "you do" .. this is what I do!!!!!

eta: I feel best not changing anything in my routine, eating, etc.. for race day..