Hit target weight but still losing

I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how they solved it without gaining. I realize it takes a little time for the body to settle in and my weight will fluctuate a little. My concern is I will over gain and have to lose again. Currently I am allowed 1910 calories per day I burn roughly 500 a day through excersize and actually eat about 2200-2400 calories per day.

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    If you at your maintenance calories then you will not gain bodyfat. The scales may increase slightly due to water and glycogen replenishment but it is nothing to worry about.

Many people actually diet down a few lbs under their goal so that after the increase in scale weight, they are happy. In my opinion this is pointless but it depends what works for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    if you're still losing weight, eat more.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    The solution is to eat more but not too much more so that you would start to gain weight again.

Suggest you fine tune your calorie allowance by manually setting your goal rather than fiddling with account settings as that's a bit of a crude adjustment.

Concern over weight gain is fine but don't let that be an irrational concern, give yourself some time so that maintenance within a specified range (or under an "intervention weight" which works better for me) becomes the new normal.