Sabotage

Options
How do you handle people or situations that are sabotaging your weight loss/getting healthy goals?

Replies

• PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You have to learn how to say no. It's one of the hardest things in the world for some of us. :)
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Cut them out, of my life or deal with them only, if/when I must!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Avoid them or don't let them affect you. You are an adult, no one controls what you do except for you.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    How can one sabotage your goals? Unless you are depending on others on shopping and cooking?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    cowgoo wrote: »
    How do you handle people or situations that are sabotaging your weight loss/getting healthy goals?

Unless you're being force-fed things against your will, the control is in your hands. ;)

You can't expect those around you to change because you're trying to lose weight. Unfortunately, food is everywhere (and how lucky we are for that!) and is actually a necessity of life. Once you take responsibility for what you put in your own mouth you will gain control over it.

Having said that, if I know we're ordering pizza for dinner (yum!) or going out to eat or to a party, I simply cut back on the number of calories I consume earlier that day so I can partake of sensible amounts of whatever is in store later on. Then if I end up being over my calorie goal for that particular day anyway, I just log it honestly and move on.

This process does not have to be one that's riddled with guilt, anger and deprivation. :)

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    How can one sabotage your goals? Unless you are depending on others on shopping and cooking?

Even in a situation where this may be the case, each person is still in control of how much of it they eat. :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't believe people or situations have the power to sabotage me. I have the power to sabotage me, so if I'm not meeting my goals (as is sometimes the case), I need to figure out what I should change. That others might eat differently than I want to is their life and choice, and shouldn't have any effect on me. If a friend asks me if I want to have dessert or go out for ice cream, that's nice, not sabotage (and I don't have to eat either if I don't want to, although sometimes I like to). That there are treats in my office all the time is not sabotage, they are treats. Up to me what I do. Just a few thoughts not knowing specifically what you are referring to.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Politely, but firmly, decline their offers. If it is an outing, go for the healthy option. Don't forget you can customize your orders. They take you to a burger place? Get the lighter burger, ask for a lettuce wrap or no bun, etc etc.