Im cutting carbs too

Options
Hi everyone ive basically cut out rice pasta bread and potatoes but still eat sugar and milk etc. I suspect im still eating way more carbs than would be considered low from a weight loss standpoint (and thats why im doing it) but im not noticing much difference but it HAS only been a week! Any encouragement or others who have done what im doing with weight loss success? Or do i need to be much stricter?

Replies

• edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Low carb and limit sugars and log your meals and snacks. A lil exercise will help
  • rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I eat around 1100 calories a day and try to keep it under 20-25 carbs.. lost 8lbs in 2 weeks! I walk about 10k steps a day, during breaks at work and lunch hour and drink about 40-60 oz of water along with a diet pop a day!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above, it's calorie deficit that creates weight loss, but personally I've had the best results when I reduced my carb intake and cut out processed foods and sugar to my daily diet. I eat 1600 cals per day and attempt to keep the carbs to 100 g or less. I've found that in keeping the carbs to no more than 25% of my daily macros, I feel sooo much more satiated and my energy levels skyrocketed after about 3 weeks of eating this way.
  • Terryba08
    Terryba08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate the comments. I need a meal plan that I can stick to. I'm doing about 1200 calories per day, exercising and no weight loss. Any suggestions?
  • mielkeka12
    mielkeka12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

rinigirl76 wrote: »
    I eat around 1100 calories a day and try to keep it under 20-25 carbs.. lost 8lbs in 2 weeks! I walk about 10k steps a day, during breaks at work and lunch hour and drink about 40-60 oz of water along with a diet pop a day!

I'm doing something very similar to this! Great job on losing the 8lbs! I'm not quite a week in yet hoping to get good results though. I already feel a lot better and more energized.

• SxcLadybugz
    SxcLadybugz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love pasta and i'm having the hardest time giving it up... ugh!