Carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• xmeganxtarax
    Options
    Because he is judging me. Lol every time I eat any bread carbs they make me bloat insanely. I hate it! Even whole grain or 100% whole wheat.

I get the same way. I am insulin resistant though so I have to keep mine low, not because I want to. If I didn't have medical issues I'd eat a loaf of bread a day. The whole grain kind OF COURSE! ;) Just do whatever makes your body feel right.

Okay, thanks. I think I'll keep the bread from my diet because it makes me feel like crap, bloaty all day ugh! I also have a 50% chance of developing diabetes it runs in my family. Yikes
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am lifting weights 3x a week. I am also following the New Rules of Lifting for Women, which has taught me that a good balance of Macros for women who lift is 40/30/30....40% carbs 30% protein 30% fats. I don't eat a lot of bread either, so I don't feel bad eating the good kind of carbs. they give you energy for your workouts :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Because he is judging me. Lol every time I eat any bread carbs they make me bloat insanely. I hate it! Even whole grain or 100% whole wheat.

I wasn't judging you - there is a cultural mindset that carbs can make you gain weight. Personally, I could care less if you eat carbs, don't eat carbs, or run a marathon in bunny slippers. I'm just telling you that carbs are not inherently a bad thing.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    What's everyone's take on carbs? My plan says I can have 120 g a day but I find that's not enough lol I eat a lot of veggies which still have carbs in them, and fruit too. I'm being told that's a no no and to not go over. I'm finding it extremely hard to be below 120g a day. Any ideas?

Unless you're a diabetic, carbs are ok and you shouldn't be scared of them. Consider your source of information.

I'm not scared of carbs. I'm asking because I'm curious to finally find the answer and trying to limit carbs because they make me bloat really bad regardless of all the water and exercise i do. i find your reply pretty rude, it was fine until i read "you shouldn't be scared of them" and how did you know i didnt have some sort of disease and that i need to limit my carbs? like i said, im not scared of them, im trying to find the answer since everyone gives me a different answer. Not that i owe you an explanation but there it is! thanks for your comment.

Maybe you have a blood pressure condition from the message boards lol
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    A doctor I sometimes hear on late night radio believes that the human body is a carb-burning machine and that we function more efficently with carbs than on any other nutrient. He is biased, however, toward the vegan diet. He makes a lot of sense, though. He seems to have a really good grasp of what he's talking about on the biophysical level. I don't have that good a grasp myself but am happy (mostly) to be an omnivore.

Unfortunately, I often go over limits of protein and fat but almost never get my full share of carbs. I'm using the percentages that MFP set for me.
  • xmeganxtarax
    Options
    What's everyone's take on carbs? My plan says I can have 120 g a day but I find that's not enough lol I eat a lot of veggies which still have carbs in them, and fruit too. I'm being told that's a no no and to not go over. I'm finding it extremely hard to be below 120g a day. Any ideas?

Unless you're a diabetic, carbs are ok and you shouldn't be scared of them. Consider your source of information.

I'm not scared of carbs. I'm asking because I'm curious to finally find the answer and trying to limit carbs because they make me bloat really bad regardless of all the water and exercise i do. i find your reply pretty rude, it was fine until i read "you shouldn't be scared of them" and how did you know i didnt have some sort of disease and that i need to limit my carbs? like i said, im not scared of them, im trying to find the answer since everyone gives me a different answer. Not that i owe you an explanation but there it is! thanks for your comment.

LOL this made me laugh. Thank you :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

LOL this made me laugh. Thank you :)

Anytime :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    CARBS ARE GREAT!
    I do 2 to 3 hours cardio a day and I need them, they are my fuel.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Please don't be scared of carbs, its excess calories that will hinder weight loss.

I am unable to survive on any less than 200g if I do I get very grumpy!

Keep to the lower end of the Gi Index such as Brown rice, pasta & oatmeal.

Have a high GI carb straight after a resistance workout (Banana & 8 Dates works for me approx. 40g) these are Hi Gi simple sugars your muscles need to refuel along with a protein shake.

Just avoid carbs 5 hours before bed as you don't want to spike your blood sugar and hinder fat burn over night.

Dont be scared of carbs really!

Please, please, please tell me you are joking about the GI index and carbs 5 hours before bed!!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have problems with bloating from eating breads and wheat based carbs. Try eliminating any wheat products from your diet for a couple of weeks and see how you feel.