Anyone who is consuming 3,000 to 4,000 calories?

Options
I am 5ft 3 (JUST), I have been logging the last few weeks on here... on occasion not logged anything in due to the sheer quantity of food consumed.
I wanted to lose weight when coming on here but have since maintained. I weight about 58kgs/127lbs. This does not seems to shift, I did work out for like 2 weeks, 5 days a week and felt not different when it came to clothes fitting etc. Even so I'm amazing at how much i eat and still maintain. Maybe im slowly gaining without realising... ?!?!

What I want to know is if there is anyone who is consuming 3,000 to 4,000 calories doing moderate on occasion very little exercise and is able to maintain weight rather than add .
«13

Replies

  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,281 Member
    Options
    I have trouble maintaining on half that and I'm taller than you.

    Are you weighing and measuring all your food?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Well, if you are not losing then you are not in a deficit. What do you do for exercise and how much? How do you calculate your burns? Do you use a food scale to weigh all your food?
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I also wondered how 5'3 person could maintain with those calories? Maybe some athlete? Admittedly I don't know too much about this.
  • fillo_sot
    fillo_sot Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I only wish I were an athlete, but this weight is not small by the way, im a UK size 12-14 (US size: 10), so I'm not tiny. I don't weight everything exact (it would be too tiring), but i keep eating a lot- starting over every day then failing- get me in a buffet and I'm likely to end up ill from overeating. Over-eating is my thing.

    I'm just thinking there must be a few people who eat a lot too and are not obese (sorry to those who are), the biggest i have been in my life was 64kg /141lbs, that is one of the worst times for my health and mental psyche. I was eating NON stop like literally (mouth would hurt from chewing) :(
  • fillo_sot
    fillo_sot Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ps. If i work out I don't tend to count them, because going to the gym say doing 6 press ups, 10 minutes on the cross training, some stretching and some other random stuff is not too significant so i do it for just feeling better (accomplishing activity). But haven't been to the gym for over 2 weeks so... it's at the back of my mind as I'm paying.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,281 Member
    Options
    fillo_sot wrote: »
    I only wish I were an athlete, but this weight is not small by the way, im a UK size 12-14 (US size: 10), so I'm not tiny. I don't weight everything exact (it would be too tiring), but i keep eating a lot- starting over every day then failing- get me in a buffet and I'm likely to end up ill from overeating. Over-eating is my thing.

    I'm just thinking there must be a few people who eat a lot too and are not obese (sorry to those who are), the biggest i have been in my life was 64kg /141lbs, that is one of the worst times for my health and mental psyche. I was eating NON stop like literally (mouth would hurt from chewing) :(

    If you're not weighing everything and if you're not tracking accurately, perhaps you're not eating 3000-4000 calories.

    Perhaps you feel like you're eating a lot ... for you. But maybe it really isn't all that much.

    When I started here, I logged a day that represented what I had been eating for the previous few years, and it only came to about 2200 calories. I thought it was a large amount of food, but the calorie count wasn't astronomically high.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I maintain somewhere in the region of 3000 but I weight nearly double. I have no idea what you're actually asking but you haven't weighed or tracked accurately for any period of time so don't expect any results.
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Edit
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    fillo_sot wrote: »
    I am 5ft 3 (JUST), I have been logging the last few weeks on here... on occasion not logged anything in due to the sheer quantity of food consumed.
    I wanted to lose weight when coming on here but have since maintained. I weight about 58kgs/127lbs. This does not seems to shift, I did work out for like 2 weeks, 5 days a week and felt not different when it came to clothes fitting etc. Even so I'm amazing at how much i eat and still maintain. Maybe im slowly gaining without realising... ?!?!

    What I want to know is if there is anyone who is consuming 3,000 to 4,000 calories doing moderate on occasion very little exercise and is able to maintain weight rather than add .

    I'm curious as to whether you are intimating that you believe you maintain on that many calories? If so, you are way overestimating because you are smaller. With your stats, if you are maintaining on 3,000 to 4,000 calories you could have a serious hyperthyroid problem or other medical issue, in which case you will need to go to the doctor asap.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    fillo_sot wrote: »
    I only wish I were an athlete, but this weight is not small by the way, im a UK size 12-14 (US size: 10), so I'm not tiny. I don't weight everything exact (it would be too tiring), but i keep eating a lot- starting over every day then failing- get me in a buffet and I'm likely to end up ill from overeating. Over-eating is my thing.

    I'm just thinking there must be a few people who eat a lot too and are not obese (sorry to those who are), the biggest i have been in my life was 64kg /141lbs, that is one of the worst times for my health and mental psyche. I was eating NON stop like literally (mouth would hurt from chewing) :(

    I peeked at your profile, and have put in bold here what stands out. You need to speak with a professional regarding your eating disorder, which has been going on for quite awhile. :)
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If you're not weighing everything, then you're probably not eating as much as you think. I find it very hard to believe you wouldn't be gaining at a rapid rate if you really were consuming 3000-4000 calories a day. Could you open your diary?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    If you are not weighting all your food you can't know how much you are eating. It is not tiring, it takes 5 minutes a day.
    fillo_sot wrote: »
    I don't weight everything exact (it would be too tiring), but i keep eating a lot- starting over every day then failing- get me in a buffet and I'm likely to end up ill from overeating. Over-eating is my thing.

  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    What is trolling?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,281 Member
    Options
    1chana23 wrote: »
    What is trolling?

    Kind of like ... pulling our legs or having us on.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    fillo_sot wrote: »
    I am 5ft 3 (JUST), I have been logging the last few weeks on here... on occasion not logged anything in due to the sheer quantity of food consumed.
    I wanted to lose weight when coming on here but have since maintained. I weight about 58kgs/127lbs. This does not seems to shift, I did work out for like 2 weeks, 5 days a week and felt not different when it came to clothes fitting etc. Even so I'm amazing at how much i eat and still maintain. Maybe im slowly gaining without realising... ?!?!

    What I want to know is if there is anyone who is consuming 3,000 to 4,000 calories doing moderate on occasion very little exercise and is able to maintain weight rather than add .

    No way at your size and being female that you would be able to maintain on 3,000 - 4,000 calories without a very heavy training load...
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    1chana23 wrote: »
    What is trolling?

    Kind of like ... pulling our legs or having us on.

    Lol, good one, yes it does see rather fake doesn't it!!

    It's midweek, maybe a way to liven things up ,
    Lol!!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I might just be having a "dumb" day or something, but is this serious????