Jeez! Calories

Options
Oh bloody hell I've only got 385 cal left for today. My tassimo caramel lattes are going to have to do one frankly and will have to try my porridge with water not milk. I know problem lots of you already use water but never tried

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    When I have no calories left at night, I have a very sad, terrible glass of almond milk at 25 calories for 8 ounces. I'm not sure if it fills me or just makes me want to give up on life, but regardless, I can go to be with something in my belly without splurging on a huge bowl of cereal.

I haven't tried the almond milk with my oatmeal yet, but I am generally having that in the morning when I still have a day full of calories ahead of me. :)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If you mean water to cook it yeah there's not a big difference - I cook mine with water and maybe add a splash of almond milk to eat it. I also had to cut down my portion size of oatmeal since it's pretty high in calories all on its own.

As you go you will learn lower calorie foods that help you feel full and don't ruin your calories for the day. Veggies, Greek yogurt, think stackers (thin square rice cakes), smaller portions, and cooking spray instead of regular cooking oil have helped me a lot.

Certain foods I used to not even think twice about eating are now a special treat due to high calories- cheese, peanut butter, bread. Only eat these rarely now as it's annoying to make room for them.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I also had to give up my daily mocha