Best Ever Scrambled Eggs

Options
whatjesseats
whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
I almost feel a little silly posting a recipe for scrambled eggs, but these are so amazingly creamy that I have to share. My eggs used to come out kind of dry and rubbery--never again!

1) Heat a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan or skillet over low heat; add 1 teaspoon of fat/oil of choice (I like to use bacon grease). Use a good nonstick pan to avoid scrubbing later.
2) Meanwhile, crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk away! Keep beating until the mixture is pale yellow, with no obvious patches. This method works best with 2 or more eggs.
3) Pour eggs into pan; stir occasionally. The more you stir, the smaller your "curds" will be. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your pan and number of eggs. When I make 3 eggs, it typically takes about 8-10 minutes.
4) Once done to your liking, remove from heat and season to taste. Serve immediately.

For a detailed step-by-step with pictures, follow this link: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-luscious-sc-113371

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I almost feel a little silly posting a recipe for scrambled eggs, but these are so amazingly creamy that I have to share. My eggs used to come out kind of dry and rubbery--never again!

1) Heat a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan or skillet over low heat; add 1 teaspoon of fat/oil of choice (I like to use bacon grease). Use a good nonstick pan to avoid scrubbing later.
    2) Meanwhile, crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk away! Keep beating until the mixture is pale yellow, with no obvious patches. This method works best with 2 or more eggs.
    3) Pour eggs into pan; stir occasionally. The more you stir, the smaller your "curds" will be. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your pan and number of eggs. When I make 3 eggs, it typically takes about 8-10 minutes.
    4) Once done to your liking, remove from heat and season to taste. Serve immediately.

For a detailed step-by-step with pictures, follow this link: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-luscious-sc-113371

I'm not so sure about best ever, no cream, creme fraiche, goat cheese etc. And an on the heat off the heat while stirring creates a better scrambled egg
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jess, love scrambled eggs! You might try what the gentleman above said, add cream, creme fraiche, goat cheese, maybe cream cheese, to the mix. Delish
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    IInteresting....thanks for the tips