Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'd try the chocolate one!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I saw those the other day. I would never buy them (don't find them tempting at all.)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Honestly, sounds a looks pretty disgusting...but then, I've probably only had like one twinkie in my whole life...they've never appealed to me.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have never had luck reheating fried food and coming up with a really appetizing product. If I wanted a fried Twinkie, I'd probably just try to find a place that was making them fresh.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Deep_fried_twinkies_in_grocery_stores_0_44194898_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Problem is, I could probably eat about 4-7 of those in a sitting if I tried hard enough. Calories would be ridiculous.

I miss those pies as well from Hostess, apple, cherry, chocolate. I picked one up the other day out of curiosity to see what the calories were.. OMFG! No wonder I was fat before, I used to eat a couple of those at a time.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't a fried twinkie be the same thing as a donut? Just a creamstick that was fried after having the cream put in, instead of after?

I don't see the draw.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't... but these?
    :love:
  • Spliner1969
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Nutty bars are the Devil! lol
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Nutty bars are the Devil! lol

you have no idea!!! They are my crack!
  • Spliner1969
    Options
    The only thing I liked better than Nutty Bars was Hostess Ho-Ho's.. remember the ones in foil, individually wrapped? Good times! We used to keep them in the freezer. Evil Evil things!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Well, they don't have trans fat anyway. Maybe I would try a bite to see of kts worth the other 200 cals. Maybe idk, maybe not.

Did u try thm?
  • Gamliela
    Options
    If someone else is buying maybe. Packaged baked goods don't appeal to much. Bakeries, now that's different.

I had a pink twinkie once when I was about 10. It wasn't what I expected, too airy and like a marshmellow. I never liked marshmellows.
  • Spliner1969
    Options
    My bad! It was the Hostess Ding Dongs that came in foil lol. Ho Ho's were similar, and almost as good. ;P
  • Gamliela
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Wouldn't a fried twinkie be the same thing as a donut? Just a creamstick that was fried after having the cream put in, instead of after?

I don't see the draw.

I think people get a taste for certain things, even the sound of the package, its design and how the celo sounds when its opened and stuff. So probably a donut wouldn't be the same for a true twinkie connaiseur.

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I'm a Suzy Q girl ! yumm !! damn you hostess i could eat a whole box and that probably why im so overweight cakes & chocolate are my weakness
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    My bad! It was the Hostess Ding Dongs that came in foil lol. Ho Ho's were similar, and almost as good. ;P

I tried my first Suzy Q the other day because...they came back and why not? Kind of a disappointment. I LOVE Ding Dongs and Ho Hos tho (and the Little Debbie 100 calories per cake version in which I would polish off the whole box in one sitting).
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Loved Hostess Twinkies snd Choc Cupcakes when I was a kid. Have seen the fried Twinkies at the county fair but never had the desire to eat one.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I've had the regular deep-fried ones before. They're really tasty, so it would be a good idea to keep most of them out of sight, less you'd eat the entire package in one go [there's 7 in a box].
  • dmpolansky
    dmpolansky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just sounds nasty
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    For the mother *kitten* win

dezgzf5fja1c.jpg