Help with losing weight gain...again. pls and ty!

Options
Hi all. Feeling pretty lousy and disappointed in myself. A few years back when I decided it was time to change my lifestyle and started to eat better and exercise. I had a bit of a stumble learning how losing weight works. Like not starving yourself anf cutting fats. Anyhoo, when I started MFP, a logged food and exrecise, then bought a scale to be more accurate, I lost the weight, more than my Initial target. 42 pounds. I was very proud of myself, and felt good. I saw muscle growth and became stronger, and good endurance and energy. Last winter, I became anemic...again, (I didn't recognize the symptoms and it went on for months), which was why I gained weight to begin with...along with an unhealthy lifestyle. I put back on 20 pounds...also due to anti-depressants. I can't seem to lose the weight as easily this time. I lost 2 pounds a week my first year. It's been 3 or 4 years now since I first began. I gave up on logging and weighing....yes I know. I'm trying to be more adamant about it. My biggest problem is sugar cravings. I spoke to my doctor about it and she told me to add more protein...which is hard for me. Any advice on helping with those cravings? I have many workout DVD's, an elliptical, walk, snowshoe, weight training with dumbells, and cycling in warm weather. I personally know I could do more. My biggest problem is sugar. Any advice is welcome.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    Your experience may differ, but eating at least 3 daily servings of whole fruit helped me reduce cravings for more calorie-dense but less nutritious sweets.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yeah I quit refined sugar by substituting with fruit - it's still sweet but not addictive and much lower calorie. Now I let myself have chocolate but only in the form of protein bars or protein shakes. Actually my chocolate protein shake doesn't have any sugar, it's sweetened with stevia and I use coconut water for the mixer.

Hey did I just solve your problem right there? 22 grams of protein per serving, no refined sugar, low calorie, and tastes like chocolate milk. Get yourself some stevia sweetened protein powder and solve your protein issues and satisfy sweets cravings with 1 low calorie treat!

You still need to count calories and log food though- you'll never know if you're in a deficit without doing that.