Quick question

Im constantly on my feet at work and iv decided to buy a pedometer.

The pedometer also tracks the calories burned, Do i log them as exercise or not?

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    It depends on how you set up your profile.

If you set up your profile as a person constantly on the move/on their feet, than no. MFP has accounted for this already.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    No iv got it as light exercise i think, that was due to people sayin the 'because you do it every day it dosnt count as exercise'

Im currently on 1490 a day and eating back any exercise i do extra
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    I wouldn't log it as exercise because it's more of your job / lifestyle to be on your feet all the time. Like RGv2 said: when creating your goals on the site, you should select lightly active or active. If you're not sure how to gage it, they give a few exampes (lightly active = teacher, active = mailman, things like that.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    I wouldn't log it as exercise because it's more of your job / lifestyle to be on your feet all the time. Like RGv2 said: when creating your goals on the site, you should select lightly active or active. If you're not sure how to gage it, they give a few exampes (lightly active = teacher, active = mailman, things like that.

Right. If you're profile is set as lightly active or active (which doesn't include workouts), then you shouldn't be counting it. You'd be counting it twice.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Right thanks guys, just wanted to clear that up.