Weiguing food in bulk

Options
OK this will be last question lol. Everything else I understand.

But what about weighing food in bulk or something like a ham?

I made a ham yesterday that raw weighed 1110g and cooked it weighed 920g.

100g raw is 100 calories.

How do I figure out calories for cooked for the same amount? cuz I know a single serving is now less than 100g.

I don't want to just find cooked ham in myfitnesspal...I want to be precise, especially now that I'm pregnant I need to really watch carbs and sodium.

Thanks!

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You use the ratio of the raw weight to the cooked weight as a multiplication factor.

Take the original total raw weight divided by the final total cooked weight and that becomes the multiplication factor for the cooked weight.

(1110g raw / 920g cooked) = 1.21 -> the .21 means the raw weight was 21% more than the cooked weight

So, when you weigh the cooked portion, let's say 50g cooked, you would then log 50g x 1.21 = 60.5g raw.
  • babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    You use the ratio of the raw weight to the cooked weight as a multiplication factor.

Take the original total raw weight divided by the final total cooked weight and that becomes the multiplication factor for the cooked weight.

(1110g raw / 920g cooked) = 1.21 -> the .21 means the raw weight was 21% more than the cooked weight

So, when you weigh the cooked portion, let's say 50g cooked, you would then log 50g x 1.21 = 60.5g raw.

Thank u so much! U have no idea how hard getting that answer was! Lol