100 Calorie Ideas: Suggestions?

Options
fillo_sot
fillo_sot Posts: 23 Member
edited October 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Taking the dieting seriously due to personal things so really need to know if anyone has tips on 100 calorie meals. I don't mean taking i spoon of iceream = 100 calories. I mean proper food.

I enjoy food and getting creative while on a budget so ideally simple yet delicious food. Going over the 100 slightly isn't a problem.

Thank you

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    fillo_sot wrote: »
    Taking the dieting seriously due to personal things so really need to know if anyone has tips on 100 calorie meals. I don't mean taking i spoon of iceream = 100 calories. I mean proper food.

I enjoy food and getting creative while on a budget so ideally simple yet delicious food. Going over the 100 slightly isn't a problem.

Thank you

No because nobody ever needs to only eat 100 calories for a meal

How many meals are you eating a day?
  • frankie671
    frankie671 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Why would you want your meals to be just 100 cals? That's super low! If you want 100 cal snack ideas then that's different...
  • fillo_sot
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Rod and Ben's Organic Pea & Mint Soup

Only available at Ocado £2.99

http://tinyurl.com/j8ds9b3
  • Sued0nim
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Not a meal

You know how I know? Because a meal is designed to give you sufficient nutrients and calories to fuel your body appropriately

And who eats154g soup?
  • fillo_sot
    Options
    Well if not meal, but the most substantial thing than a piece of chocolate.

i have done soup a few times with various veg no oil and one portion was about 100 very happy as I had other things later... :)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Can you tell us how many calories you're aiming for daily / across the week?
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I thought in another thread you said you were eating like 3000 calories a day and not gaining? I don't understand this thread.

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I thought in another thread you said you were eating like 3000 calories a day and not gaining? I don't understand this thread.

Yup http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10472700/anyone-who-is-consuming-3-000-to-4-000-calories/p1
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    if you like not sweet, kind of bitter dark chocolate, these are low cal (about 100) and have good fiber and other good stuff http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/2015/01/avocado-truffle-chocolates-recipe.html#_a5y_p=3257226
  • fillo_sot
    edited October 2016
    Options

Don't realise I am only restricted to one thread?

I was eating a lot (tracked for the last month) and want to change, should i justify this to you? I don't want to maintain or gain, I want to lose weight. The way i want to do it is the healthier but steady way averaging average daily intake from 1,200 to 1,500 calories (but currently doing no exercise). I have started this journey many times (and by the end of the day-. give in. I don't really do things gradually, never have but i know its better that way, just cant do it).

The other day, I had like 100 calories left over, had no idea what do with it and definitely want to eat some more, but ended up over-indulging, as my brain felt too confused, so whatever i ate went over 100 or so calories, i ended up eating another 400-500, calories worked out from the packet they were from.

• Sued0nim
    Options
    So what is it? You don't gain on 3000 but find it difficult to stick to 1500 for weight loss? Which would mean you are on a 1500 defecit?

If your TDEE is actually 3000 I'm not surprised you're starving at 1500

But your TDEE is probably around 2000 which means you weren't maintaining at 3000 so let's ignore that

1500 is a good goal for weight loss

If at the end of the day you have 100 left either save them for another day or eat a 100 calorie snack.

• fillo_sot
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    So what is it? You don't gain on 3000 but find it difficult to stick to 1500 for weight loss? Which would mean you are on a 1500 defecit?

If your TDEE is actually 3000 I'm not surprised you're starving at 1500

But your TDEE is probably around 2000 which means you weren't maintaining at 3000 so let's ignore that

1500 is a good goal for weight loss

If at the end of the day you have 100 left either save them for another day or eat a 100 calorie snack.

What's TDEE?

And thanks for the Suggestions. Just feels like say i had a light breakfast or lunch, have a few calories left, what to eat, if i open a packet of something its going to get finished :p lol
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I just didn't understand why you wanted "100 calorie meal ideas" if you're eating upwards of 2000-3000 cals a day. 100 calories is not a meal. It's a snack.

If you were actually maintaining on 3000 calories, I would not recommend cutting to 1500. But that does seem high based on your prescribed activity, so just log accurately and stick with it for a while. Evalute your results in 6-8 weeks.

I find 100 cals of baby carrots to be pretty filling.
  • fillo_sot
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I just didn't understand why you wanted "100 calorie meal ideas" if you're eating upwards of 2000-3000 cals a day. 100 calories is not a meal. It's a snack.

If you were actually maintaining on 3000 calories, I would not recommend cutting to 1500. But that does seem high based on your prescribed activity, so just log accurately and stick with it for a while. Evaluate your results in 6-8 weeks.

I find 100 cals of baby carrots to be pretty filling.

Will baby carrots to be pretty filling When needed :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Like i mentioned before i cannot do things steady, so say I would eat 20% of my 'normal' intake (to easy into less calories) I would feel like I'm not doing things differently so lose patience fast.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Is English your first language? I'm finding it rather difficult following your posts TBH

TDEE is total daily energy expenditure..how many calories you burn in a day

Weight loss is based on eating fewer calories than you burn over time

At your weight you should aim for 1/2lb weight loss per week so 250 calories defecit per day p
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like to keep 1-cup servings of super low calorie soup in my freezer for emergencies, but I also have a lot of 150-300 calorie meals in my freezer for day to day eating.

65 calorie cream of zucchini soup
    52 calorie cream of mushroom soup
    65 calorie cream of asparagus soup
    53 calorie creamy cauliflower soup
    53 calorie watercress cauliflower soup
  • fillo_sot
    Options
    I like to keep 1-cup servings of super low calorie soup in my freezer for emergencies, but I also have a lot of 150-300 calorie meals in my freezer for day to day eating.

65 calorie cream of zucchini soup
    52 calorie cream of mushroom soup
    65 calorie cream of asparagus soup
    53 calorie creamy cauliflower soup
    53 calorie watercress cauliflower soup

Thanks for the suggestions!! Will try when i get the chance :)
  • fillo_sot
    Options
    Is English your first language? I'm finding it rather difficult following your posts TBH

TDEE is total daily energy expenditure..how many calories you burn in a day

Weight loss is based on eating fewer calories than you burn over time

At your weight you should aim for 1/2lb weight loss per week so 250 calories defecit per day p

It is actually. But sometimes I'm trying to type soo quick that words and letters end up being jumbled up.

Thanks for your input.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    fillo_sot wrote: »

Thank you

No because nobody ever needs to only eat 100 calories for a meal

How many meals are you eating a day?

This.^

It's a snack....not a meal

Here's what a 100 calorie "meal" would look like
    1 oz. grilled chicken breast 40 calories (a laughable serving size)
    1 cup of steamed broccoli 52 calories
    1 sugar free Jello cup 10 calories

Here's another 100 calorie "meal"
    1 cup Progresso Light Chicken Noodle soup 70 calories
    .....add 1 oz. of grilled chicken breast 40 calories (because light soups have very little protein)

Breakfast
    Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt 80 calories
    ......add 20 calories in Fiber One cereal. Both have aspartame that keeps calories down.

If you add chopped nuts to this (healthy fat) and you would actually have a breakfast with some staying power.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The ONLY two things that might fill me up around 100 calories are...

2 cups of fat free chicken broth with an egg (egg drop soup)
    85g of greens with an ounce of goat cheese (I use mustard/vinegar for dressing)

That's pretty much it.