What is your goto snack when hungry or bored?

Options

If you're going to be tight on calories for the day, what is your goto snack for curbing the craving without going over on your goals?

For me, I keep skinned cucumbers slices in the fridge. I will stand them on end in the tupperware with about 1/4 in of red wine vinegar in the bottom ( so the slices are just dunked, not immersed) and peppercorn pepper on top.

When I raid the fridge, these are front and center and I will snag them up and large cup of water. This combination usually does the trick for me.

What is your goto snack or do you have one?

Replies

• jacklynevans25
    jacklynevans25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a half cup of organic yogurt and a serving of almonds. It is a satisfying snack!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,304 Member
    Options
    pickle is a good one.. hardly any calories.. i think 15

A Face' 0 fat greek yogurt.

a salad of organic spring greens

half of a flat out bread with melted low fat cheese or tuna. sometimes both.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything that is within my vicinity (as long as it fits my calorie goal of course).
  • aprillwoodley626
    aprillwoodley626 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Baked snap peas or green beans. Especially the Cesar flavored ones!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Potatoes, any kind of potato.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Popcorn.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    About the only thing I will graze on is some fresh fruit, usually blackberries. Other than that, I will have some coffee flavored Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate whey post workout or if I am a little low on calories.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Almonds, love them!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Almonds are little delicious salty treasures -- bless their hearts. But, OP, if you want to make them a go-to snack, measure and get really familiar with a serving size. It's exceptionally easy to blow a deficit on almonds alone.

For hunger, mix some carbs with some protein (like an apple and cottage cheese).

Boredom is more of a problem best solved by finding something to do, other than eat (walk, read, check forums, etc).

I emptied my entire work snack drawer, to the tune of 1600 calories, during a boring conference call yesterday, almonds included.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Bored - unsalted sunflower seeds in the shell. Hungry - dill pickle or an apple.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Never eat when bored.. get off *kitten* and do something else.. this is just asking for trouble.

Snack when hungry? popcorn is always on the list of snacks for me.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds.
  • supermanda28
    supermanda28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bored no, that Is a trigger for me so I tend to stay away from foods then. I snack a ton to prevent over eating, cucumber, yogurt, babybell light cheese,triscuit thins with a laughing cow wedge,granola or just a cup of sparking water.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Almonds are little delicious salty treasures -- bless their hearts. But, OP, if you want to make them a go-to snack, measure and get really familiar with a serving size. It's exceptionally easy to blow a deficit on almonds alone.

For hunger, mix some carbs with some protein (like an apple and cottage cheese).

Boredom is more of a problem best solved by finding something to do, other than eat (walk, read, check forums, etc).

I emptied my entire work snack drawer, to the tune of 1600 calories, during a boring conference call yesterday, almonds included.

When you say emptied, did you eat all the snacks?
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sugar free jello, the boxed kind you make yourself. I can't stand the artificial sweetener/preservative taste in the pre-made cups. I add a little homemade whipped cream (I have that steel walled cannister and Nitro cartridges...add heavy cream, shake and walla).

2 oz. turkey lunch Meat

Hard boiled egg

Couple Tablespoons of Fage 2%
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Pickles, dried seaweed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, air popped popcorn, pineapple
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I love carrots with this spinach and kale dip from Trader Joe's..I'll also eat apples with peanut butter.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I munch on sunflower seeds a lot.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »

When you say emptied, did you eat all the snacks?

Oh yes. A few Quest bars, Kind bar, tub of almonds, granola....I need to start taking calls from my mobile and do laps around the building.